The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Searching for PSG players in Lake George Region(Upstate), NY
Ernest Robitaille

New York, USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2018 10:24 am    

I'm new to Steel Guitar Forum and pedal steel guitar. Located in Lake George Region of Upstate New York, I would like to contact pedal steel guitar players in my area to learn about instructional opportunities and where they might be performing.

I've contacted music instruction outlets in my area but they have said they don't teach PSG but would get back to me if they heard of any interested instructors. So far I have not been able to learn of any PSG performances in my area either. I've just started to poke around this Forum to see if there are any players from my area. Thanks, Ernie

John De Maille

On a Mountain in Upstate Halcottsville, N.Y.
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2018 2:00 pm    

Ernest,
I believe Randy Rollman lives in Corinth. He is a good steel player, all around musician. He might b able to help you more in that direction. I don't know his E-mail, but, he's on Facebook.

Ernest Robitaille

New York, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2018 6:57 am     Thanks John, Will check with Randy.

It's ironic in that as a teenager I use to hang out at the dude ranches in Corinth area where pedal steel was played but I didn't connect with the instrument until just recently. I'm 75 and get much enjoyment listening to PSG, hopefully as much playing it. Do players ever get together in Adirondack Region? Ernie

Ernest Robitaille

New York, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2018 7:10 am     Note to Randy:

Hi Randy, Got your name from John DeMaille on Steel Guitar Forum. I would like to hear local performers in Adirondack Region and learn PSG.. It's ironic in that as a teenager I use to hang out at the dude ranches on Rte 9N where pedal steel was played but I didn't connect with the instrument until just recently. I'm 75 and get much enjoyment listening to PSG, and hopefully as much learning to play it. Do players ever get together in Adirondack Region? Ernie

Bill Lowe

Connecticut
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2018 2:49 pm    

I think I saw Randy a few times at Rydin Hy Ranch in Warrensburg NY. Might want to check with the. The Bar is open to the public.