The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question on my Sierra Session S-10
Curt Langston

Post  Posted 26 Aug 2005 10:18 pm    

Well, I must say. Totally impressed with the Session. The ID numbers on it say SCO-S10-1069-95. It is a 3 X 5, Emmons setup. LKV lowers 5 and 6. I assume it is a 1995 model. Sierra has really got it together. I guess if one word could describe it, that word would be precise. I don't know where I have been all these years to be missing the boat on this, but I am really glad I got this one. 25 inch scale, keyless. I wish I had tried a keyless a long time ago. IMHO, there is no comparison. Sings and sustains for days! The only thing I will need is, two new bellcranks. There are two on there that are not original. (probably Fessy?) The rest of the ones on it are machined and polished. Just a cosmetic issue to me. I would like to get some extra bushings and a couple of spare rods. Will I have a hard time getting these? I know Sierra is back in business, but I have not had time to email them. I just got it late today. I humbly ask for any suggestions, or feedback on my new steel, especially parts suggestions. Thanks everyone!

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2005 7:28 am    

You should have no problem buying those parts from Sierra. The Session design is the basis of their current instruments.

Jerry Heath

Harrah, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2005 12:24 pm    

I just bought some bell cranks from Tom Baker at Sierra. I think they were about $17 each. Tom was easy to deal with and made the process of adding 3 pulls a breeze.

------------------
Jerry Heath
Sierra Sessions U-12
Nashville 400
Sessions 400
Profex II

Jerry Knapper

Lakeland, Florida , USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2005 9:18 pm    

Hi Curt:
Smart choice. If you are in Roland, Ok, let me know I may have what you want.
jerico47@sbcglobal.net

Curt Langston

Post  Posted 28 Aug 2005 9:49 am    

Thanks everyone! I will need two pullbars, three pullrods, and a few bushings. It plays excellent as is, but I'd like to keep it all original. Does the end of the pull bar that is at the tuner have the extra spacer bushings to take up slack in the length of the rod? Sierra's changer looks quite different to me, but it looks like it is designed to be very mechanically functional. Do the new Sierras' have this type of changer?

Jerry Heath

Harrah, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2005 4:03 pm    

Curt,

Yes, there are two different length's. One size is for the raise side and the other for the lower. I can't remember what length goes to what, but I know there are two different ones. I'm pretty sure that new Session's has the same changer.

------------------
Jerry Heath
Sierra Sessions U-12
Nashville 400
Sessions 400
Profex II