The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rhonda Vincent and Daryle Singletary
Tom Vollmer

Hamburg, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2018 4:27 pm    

First of all I can not put in words the loss of Daryle and his talents however he will live on thru his music. His recent CD along with Rhonda Vincent, American Grandstand has to be the best I heard in recent times. I am sure mike Johnson and the rest of the band must have enjoyed this session.
If you are into this type of Country what I call the real deal get this CD. It is a seminar on how to play country not only the steel but bass, drums, and
keyboard and Boy/Girl vocal harmonies If you get a chance to see Rhonda don't miss it. Beside her vocal talent Rhonda is a super mandolin and fiddle player.
support her CD sales and Live shows. You will not be disappointed.

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2018 4:40 pm    

You are so right about Rhonda Vincent! I only learned about her recently because of the many Time Jumpers posts on this forum. It is important to appreciate talent while the people who have it are still with us.

Norman Evans

Tennessee
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2018 5:45 pm    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge0_jcAKLKU

Here's three songs live from the CD.

Jim Goins

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2018 4:19 am     Ronda

I agree with Tom about Ronda Vincent, she is a great entertainer, I see her show every year at the Blue Grass festival in Milan, Michigan, she plays there every year, she is a down to earth person, she always smiles and has a kind word for every one. Last year she sang a couple of songs with Gene Watson, I think that was the first time I ever saw a country show at a blue grass festival, it went over great, just wish they would do it more often. I have some of Ronda's CD's. That festival is the first week end in August, Thur Fri and sat. Looking forward to it again this year. Jim Goins. Very Happy

Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2018 4:28 am    

Rhonda Vincent's 2 CD set, "Only Me" is also great. One disc is 6 bluegrass songs and the other is 6 traditional country tunes like "Beneath Still Waters" and "When The Grass Grows Over Me". Lots of Mike Johnson steel on the country CD. http://www.rhondavincent.com/rhondavincentmus.html

Brian Scott

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2018 12:22 pm    

Thanks so much for the recommendation! Those 2 voices together are absolute magic with some great steel backing them up.

Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2018 5:34 pm    

After seeing Rhonda and Daryle on youtube, I ordered this CD. It is the best "Real Country" recording I have heard in a long time. Excellent musicians, vocals, harmony, mixing and production. This is country music done right!

David Gertschen

Phoenix, Arizona
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2018 5:50 pm    

100% agree, Larry. This is one of those records where every song is great; Mike Johnson just knocks it out of the park with his playing.

Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2018 9:10 pm    

I'd like to get a couple of the American Grandstand cd's. Does his estate (wife) maintain any sites that I can order from, or just through other distributors?