The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A shout out for John McClung,aka Professor Twang
Derek Petrillo

California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2018 10:57 am    

I got my first steel almost two years ago, and although I have been playing guitar since I was a kid, and have played some lap steel and was familiar with many open timings, I was immediately humbled and often overwhelmed by my pedal steel guitar. The gentleman that sold it to me suggested I check out John McClung's course because it really helped him. I started my Skype lessons soon after and thank God I did. Not only were the lessons really helpful but the coursework (sent out prior to each lesson) was what made it such a great deal. I printed each of the lessons out ,each in a different color,and now I have an incredible "book" of invaluable information. I completed the entire E-9 101 course and I'm writing this today because I am going back through these lessons, realizing how much it has helped me,and how much it continues to help me!
Anybody looking to learn the PSG, or wanting to better understand what you think you know, I highly recommend Professor Twangs E9 101 course. I am so grateful to John and feel lucky that I discovered him.

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2018 2:01 pm    

Thanks for your kind words, Derek.

He didn't mention that he's playing an extended E9 SD-12 pre-RP Mullen. Same tuning and guitar brand I play, so I can even coach Derek or anyone on the "bigger" E9. Of course I also teach 10-string E9 players.

I have a few openings in my calendar at this time, so if you'd like to speed up your progress learning E9 fundamentals, let me know. Getting set up for Skype lessons isn't as hard as you might assume!

All best,
John McClung
Pedal Steel Lessons, Casuals, Sessions
Olympia, WA 98512
Email & PayPal fees – steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Easy PayPal link: paypal.me/JohnMcClung
Website – http://steelguitarlessons.com
Skype name: professortwang
Cell & text: 310-480-0717