The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jeff Newman Diamond Ring Picks???
Cris Clark

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2018 5:03 am    

I placed a preorder ( cost approximately 10.00) to Jeffran Music several months ago for a set of the Diamond Ring picks copied after the old National picks. Its been a long time since I have been able to get any to replace some I lost. I was really glad to see they were going to be offering these again when I received an email with them being offered and that we could preorder them. I have still not received my order and was wondering if anyone else had gotten theirs or is still waiting as I am?? I have tried to contact Melissa on several occasions at an email address I had for her that she faithfully responded to. I have emailed her numerous times about this order and cannot get any kind of response back from her about the status of this order, if they are on back order or if mine got lost etc. ??? Just wondered if anyone else placed a preorder for these and if you have them or if others are still waiting on theirs too? Also, Melissa may have discontinued the email account I have and no longer be getting emails at that address? If anyone has a successful way of reaching her so that I can check on my order, I would certainly be appreciative if you would share that with me. I know they have a new site for Jeffran Music on face book but I am not a face book user, so that option does not work for me. Any help, advise or input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for any help or advise anyone can give me!

Bill Thomin

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2018 8:07 am    

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=326480

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2018 9:39 am    

It seems, it is hard to get Melissa, to respond to e-mails. I don't know why. She is always wonderful to talk to, and has always fill my order, very fast, but to respond to msgs, or e-mails, not so good. She should have better communication, with the customers. She is holding a wealth of steel guitar information, and could do well. I hope she picks up on this, or she may lose the whole business. I've seen many negative post, on her lack of responding to customers. She is a very wonderful person.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2018 7:48 am     Jeff Newman Picks

Hello I seen this post and just had to say in the last few weeks I have made several orders from Melissa. And every time I emailed her about something. I have even emailed her 10-11o clock at nite and most the time she has gotten back to me within a few min. if not by the next morning and believe me I have emailed her 15-20 times in the last 2 weeks and she has allways gotten back to me. but you have to remember she has kids in soccer-baseball- and everything in life. I am sure the order with the finger picks is like she stated here on the forum several times they had a delay in them etc. I don't think she is slow playing anybody she is just waiting on them. and maybe that's why she hasn't responded I don't know. But she has ALL WAYS GOTTEN BACK TO ME> SO LETS KEEP SUPPORTING HER AND WHAT SHE IS TRYING TO DO FOR THE STEEL GUITAR PLAYER>.anyway I just thought I would share this with you thanks

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2018 12:39 pm    

Will, I sure do support her. She has taken on a major job. As I said, she is a sweetheart, but at times we all have things to do. Family comes first for sure. I give her all the credit in the world There lots of legal things she had to go through too. Thanks for the good word my friend.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2018 1:53 pm     newman

NO PROBLEM JIM SHE HAS DO A GOOD JOB SERVICE FOR ME AND FAST SHIPPING THANKS

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2018 6:01 am    

I support her as well and have always had prompt response to email. This time however, no response to email or voicemail left about a month ago concerning the pick order.

They say "thats how it goes". I say "that ain't the way it stays!"

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2018 7:53 am    

I ordered and paid for 5 sets of JF picks (order #10071) on February 1, and have been patiently waiting.

I did receive a general notice on March 30 that their shipment of picks have been delayed and the expected release date is 4/23/18, which was 5 days ago. So if all is going according to plan, the picks should arrive soon.

The notice said that to make up for the delay, all pre-orders will receive an complimentary set of picks. So I should receive 6 sets of picks. Which is probably more than I will need for the rest of my steel playing career.

I sent an email today requesting information on the shipment.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2018 4:14 am    

Herb Steiner wrote:
The notice said that to make up for the delay, all pre-orders will receive a complimentary set of picks. So I should receive 6 sets of picks. Which is probably more than I will need for the rest of my steel playing career.

Herb - Let me know if you need my mailing address!

Razz

Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2018 7:25 am    

I ordered two pair just now....wow $9 shipping?

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2018 4:36 pm    

Sent another email two days ago, no response.

Sound out- anyone received their order or a notice? I never got the notice about a complimentary set...

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2018 7:22 am     finger picks

Hello guys if you go to the new products section here on the forum. and click on to her web site she has a notice about the situation with the finger picks. give her time she will get them to you. there is more then just having the picks made etc. she had to go through patient issues legal issues with these picks. one reason she dosent respond to all the emails about them is because she has posted info on them several times about the hold up. as soon as she gets them every one who ordered will get them. I have ordered several things from her in the past month great service fast shipping great commuction through emails phone calls etc. just give her a chance its not her its the legal end of this that's the hold up etc. Don't let one issue that's out of her control stop you from ordering from her I have had great service from her thanks

Pookie Anselmi

Galliano, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 9 May 2018 3:36 am    

Great service. I ordered the Right Hand Alpha dvd on Thursday and received it on Monday.

Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2018 5:41 am    

Any word on these picks being shipped out yet?

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 29 May 2018 6:26 am    

Chris Schlotzhauer wrote:
Any word on these picks being shipped out yet?

Check their website. They are posting updates on the home page.

Doug Cassell

San Antonio Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2018 10:58 am    

I got this email on Thursday:

"While our Pre-order remains closed,

We have finally resolved all matters that kept our order from being fulfilled. We've been advised to expect our order by June 29, which will then be polished and shipped to all Pre-order customers, then we will update stock online soon thereafter.

Thank Yall so much for remaining patient with us during this process, we certainly appreciate you!!

God Bless!"

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2018 11:11 am    

I would guess that Melissa has learned a great deal about relying on vendors to supply parts! The girl has a big learning curve, I bet she will do fine if we will all be patient. In the big scheme of things extra waiting time for some picks is pretty insignificant.

Jim Goins

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2018 5:16 am    

I agree with Doug, be patient, I receive an email from Melissa a few days ago, she has been having trouble getting her order from the vendor, she said the people that has orders waiting will be shipped first. Jim Goins.

Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2018 9:55 am    

Still waiting........

Doug Cassell

San Antonio Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2018 10:35 am    

Chris Schlotzhauer wrote:
Still waiting........

Me too...

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2018 10:36 am    

I'm with Chris...

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2018 11:26 am    

Yup

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2018 12:34 pm    

Yep, 7 months.

Don Hemmer

Krum TX USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2018 2:34 am     picks