The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  anyone using a Roland guitar sythesizer ?
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2018 2:22 pm    

I have ordered a Godin Multiac slim guitar that eventually I would like to use the synth capabilities with. I was curious if anyone uses one they could recommend. Roland makes a good unit, but at $700, I am sure it offers a lot more than I would ever use. I would basically only want a piano, organ and an accordion sound...it will be used mainly when I go to rest homes and do sing-a-longs. Thanks in advance for any thoughts...btw, it doesnt have to be a Roland. [/quote]
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2018 4:14 pm    

I got a Godin Multiac and it's one my favorite guitars of all. Don't have the midi cables or processor. The nicest sounds I've heard from this unit are the one's produced by hooking it to a laptop and running synth software.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2018 6:46 pm    

I used synths for several years in the church band I played in. I had a Roland GR20, a couple of GR-33's, and my last one was a GR-55 which I sold just a couple of months ago, it hadn't been turned on for about 5 years. I used them for cello, violin, strings, sax, and sitar. Occasionally I would mess with the piano player and play a piano patch. I used Brian Moore and Godin guitars with the RMC pickup system. It worked better than Rolands add-on pickup.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2018 8:10 am    

I have a GR-55 but haven't done much with it.
I ever rewired a Roland pickup to match the string width on a pedal steel. I'm afraid to find out if it works or not! Whoa!
Erv