The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sica spkr
Tom Cooper

Orlando, Fl
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2018 6:56 am    

Want to put a Sica speaker in my Bandit 65. Which is better, aluminum frame, or steel frame? Does it matter?

Last edited by Tom Cooper on 21 Mar 2018 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2018 7:19 am    

Tom,
Take this with a grain of salt as my Sica experience is only with 15". I purchased the 250W aluminum frame for my Nash 400' hated it. To me it sounded dull and lifeless. Tried the 350W steel frame, sounded great. YMMV.

Tom Cooper

Orlando, Fl
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2018 1:22 pm     Sica

I found a steel frame sica 12 bass speaker for 10% off al amplified parts. Went ahead and ordered it. Thanks for the tip. I want to use the Bandit for practice and certain grab and go gigs. With the 2134 chips and Sica speaker it should sound pretty good. Chips were easy. Now speaker. I love the Bandit 65. Nice clean little amp. Gig with Special 130 all the time. Wanna give little sister amp a shot at certain rooms. Thanks for post.

Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2018 5:39 pm    

SICA 12" speakers will not mount in the amp. Hole configuation is wrong for American amps

Tom Cooper

Orlando, Fl
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2018 9:54 pm     Sica

I read several threads about a guy who put Sica 12 in a Bandit 65, how did he do it?

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2018 5:19 am    

I just drilled new holes and screwed in the Sica speaker....works fine...

Tom Cooper

Orlando, Fl
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2018 7:21 am     Sica

I was just thinking to do that too. Can't wait go get speaker. Special 130 is so loud. Even with neo speaker a bit heavy still. Not bad though. Bandit 65 with sica and 2134 chips ought to get me there. Grab and go little barroom rig. Save the big iron for festivals and bigger rooms. Thanks for the posts all.

Tom Cooper

Orlando, Fl
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2018 6:15 pm     Sica

Sica 12 neo steel frame is really cool. So much more bass now. What a sound. I now have Bandit 65 with Sica bass speaker for most small gigs I do, and Special 130 with EPS 15 for bigger stuff. If I need to go ampless I just use Fenzel DP1 octal preamp. I am using these for 10 string non pedal by the way. LTD for pedal. Non pedal is my main money gig. After remodeling house and school tuition these old PVs are really saving the day.
One day would like to check out Milkman pre and maybe Quilter stuff, but for now I am rockin out with old PVs. Tough clean power. Will see how it does at gigs. Thanks for tips. Sica is really great speaker.