The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Non-Pedal Ole Tymer.
Larry McFall

Huntsville,Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2018 4:05 pm    

Playing the Non-Pedal for 69 years has got me confused around a Pedal. Tried playing a Pedal couple of times and couldn’t seem to find the starter switch. I have my style I play with my 1957 Blonde Headed Fender Stringmaster D8 and that seems good enough for me. However, I sure do like to hear those Pedal Players at work on the good music they make. Very Happy
Played the Steel from 1948. Have had the opportunity to play a multitude of Military venues considering I spent over 32 years with the U.S. Army. Got to play in many foreign countries which was fantastic. Married to the same woman for more than 57 years. Have children, all of them served in the military. 7 Grandchildren.

Steve Duke

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2018 6:13 pm    

Hey Larry: Long time no see since the Steel Guitar Network! Tried to login the other night and it said the web page was closed. Did Hank close down the Network? Always watched you videos. By the way, are the SGN videos gone too.Thanks

Don Barnhardt

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2018 6:36 pm    

Larry...You've got me by 3 years. I've got a PSG that I keep for decoration. I bought a 53 Stringmaster new; wish I still had it. Come to think of it I must've been playing longer than 66 years.

Larry McFall

Huntsville,Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2018 6:43 pm     The Steel Guitar Network

Steve, good to hear from you. Unfortunately Hank closed her down. I guess all the videos went down the tube. Hank did a great job but it appeared that many people lost interest in the network. It got where I could not bring anybody up.

I went to the Texas Steel Guitar Association Jamboree back around the 9th of March and then after the Jamboree I went down to Brian/College Station to do a little playing.

How about you, are you doing any playing?
Played the Steel from 1948. Have had the opportunity to play a multitude of Military venues considering I spent over 32 years with the U.S. Army. Got to play in many foreign countries which was fantastic. Married to the same woman for more than 57 years. Have children, all of them served in the military. 7 Grandchildren.

Larry McFall

Huntsville,Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2018 6:50 pm     Playing a long time

Don, you sure have been playing a long time. I guess we are just getting old. You know those Pedal Steels do indeed make great decoration. I guess I am like the old cowboy that couldn’t get this new fangled buggy to work that people called a car. I just get those pedals knee knockers to work.

Well Don, keep a pickin on that non-Pedal, they may just becoming back.