The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sweetwater, Texas Annual Steel Guitar Clinic
Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2018 3:44 pm    

This year we will take a look at both E9 & C6 tunings. I will share my approach to playing the melody and improvising over chord changes. Mickey will share his mechanical and musical knowledge as well. I’m aiming to cover all levels, but more intermediate to advanced I guess.

There will be three days of instruction. 6-8 hrs per day. Also, there will be opportunities for private lessons with myself or Mickey in the evenings from 7-9 pm. You will need your steel, seat, accessories and preferably a headphone amp so you can hear yourself.

Motel or sleeping arrangements are up to you. There is room for an RV but no hookups.

It will take place at the Sweetwater VFW building Oct. 15,16 and 17, 2018.

This will be a great clinic at a reasonable price. If you are interested, please contact me at emmonsd10@yahoo.com for more details. Thanks!

Last edited by Jody Cameron on 15 Mar 2018 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2018 4:04 pm    

Folks, this will be the third year Jody has done this in Sweetwater, and I assure you,, you will leave there with a boat-load of study material that will last a LONG TIME. If you really want to up your game, you won't want to pass this up. It is a laid-back atmosphere with plenty of time to absorb all of the information Jody and Mickey have to offer. I've made lots of new friends there and we just have a super great time all through the school. Just a heads up,,, It would be to your benefit to enroll as soon as possible to insure your position. Rex M

Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2018 9:11 pm    

Sorry folks, I forgot the dates. I edited the post, but the dates are Oct 15-17, 2018.

Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2018 3:23 pm    

I just got off the phone with Jody, and he said he already has several committed students signed up. However, there are still a few spots available. This will be more of a beginner to intermediate class, as he will be focusing on beginner music theory and moving on from there. I urge anyone who is interested in learning from one of the best players, and definitely one of the best teachers in the business, to make your arrangements for the class as soon as possible to insure you don't get left out. RM