Visit Our Catalog at for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Waylon, Merle, Willie, Cash, Paycheck (Grass Valley, CA)
Joseph Carlson

Grass Valley, California, USA
Post Posted 2 Mar 2018 8:13 am     Reply with quote

Starting up a new band, currently I'm playing steel and tele, but I thought I would see if there was a hot steel player or tele-picker in town so I could just focus on one instrument.

I hesitate to put this under "jobs" because that implies getting paid, but the goal of the band isn't to make a bunch of money and gig every weekend. We're looking to practice once a week and gig about once a month locally.

The idea is to have fun, play some gigs, keep our chops up. If we make a few bucks or get a free meal out of the deal, all the better!

Style-wise we're wanting to do something in along the lines of the Waylon Jennings Live album. Instrumentation will be vocals, bass, drums, steel, tele, a little harmonica here and there.

We have all of the pieces in place except a drummer, and either tele picker or a steeler.

We're looking some someone proficient in the Waylon style, not too loud, simple, tasteful.

Not concerned with age, we're in our 30s-40s, able to sing well and play our instruments, day jobs, no drama, egos, etc.
Bob Bestor

Oregon, USA
Post Posted 12 Mar 2018 6:00 pm     My dream "want ad"! Reply with quote

Wish I played better and lived closer. Sounds like lots of fun. Please post some video when you are up and running!
Keep on truckin'
-Mullen Discovery, Fender Mustang III V.2, G&L ASAT Tribute, G&L Legacy Tribute, Gretsch Electromatic Lap Steel, Yamaha FG450S, Yamaha FG-180, Larrivee PO-1 Parlor