The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Will this work for 20Khz
Greg Lambert

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2018 6:36 pm    

I have a dog bark control unit that is not powerful enough.
Will this work if my amp handles 20khz?

Georg Sørtun

Mandal, Agder, Norway
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2018 5:15 am    

In theory, yes, but … your scematics is too simple – lack technical details – to say how well it will work.

A piezo speaker does not draw current the way a regular speaker does, so advice you add a 25-50 ohm resistor in series with the speaker after the 40 Watt amp to prevent either the speaker or the amp from being burned out.

Without knowing how your "bark control" unit works, it is impossible to say if it will still put out sound at desired level and frequency when you connect an amp's input to it. Advice you add a resistor of about 10Kohm in series with each of the two wires that you connect the "bark control" speaker to the amp with, just to avoid mismatch and failing unit.

Greg Lambert

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2018 5:43 am    

Georg Sørtun wrote:
In theory, yes, but … your scematics is too simple – lack technical details – to say how well it will work.

A piezo speaker does not draw current the way a regular speaker does, so advice you add a 25-50 ohm resistor in series with the speaker after the 40 Watt amp to prevent either the speaker or the amp from being burned out.

Without knowing how your "bark control" unit works, it is impossible to say if it will still put out sound at desired level and frequency when you connect an amp's input to it. Advice you add a resistor of about 10Kohm in series with each of the two wires that you connect the "bark control" speaker to the amp with, just to avoid mismatch and failing unit.

thanks Georg

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2018 3:00 pm    

What is a bark control?

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2018 3:41 pm    

Richard Sinkler wrote:
What is a bark control?

I wonder what kind of trees need bark control.

Bill A. Moore

Silver City, New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2018 4:01 pm    

I think folks that can't train their dogs use a "bark control" collar to shock the heck out of them whenever they make noise. I saw a dog once that his owner had used that technique, but also had small kids. Every time the kids would shriek the dog would get shocked. The animal was worthless as a pet, scared of people, and would run and hide when he saw any! The "family" took him to the pound where they had to put him down.