The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Carl Heatley
Neal Vosberg

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2018 6:48 am    

Anybody have any experience with his builds? They look great.

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 1:36 am    

Where can I see some of his work?
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Jerry Dragon

Gate City Va.
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 3:39 am    

He is building mine now. I lost the link to his builds, he is supposed to send me it again. I spoke with one gent on the site here who had one built by him and he had nothing but praise for it.

Carl Heatley

Morehead City,NC
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 3:57 am    

Please check out my past pedal steel and Tele copy builds with B or G Bender

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ubq8r951bckyjiu/AABLSu1nnmaHWP4ATUg643WNa?dl=0

Pedal steels SD or S10 3x4 all pull changer with case $1075 shipped.

Telecaster copy with universal B or G bender $360 shipped.

Jerry Dragon

Gate City Va.
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 4:29 am    

I am having him go some extra miles for me which is costing me a bit more in veneers etc, but he is sticking to his base price. As far as communication goes, he is more than willing it seems, to bend over backwards to get you what you want. Very knowledgeable and so far thorough and accommodating.

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 6:43 am     Very nice...

Very nice playing Carl.

I still miss Morehead, Newport and Havelock, as well as that whole East Coast area. Bob Stone lived and played around the area, as well as myself in the band "Cheyenne".

Nice steels... Great work!

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 7:25 am    

Carl,Thanks for posting,Beautiful stuff!
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Jerry Dragon

Gate City Va.
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 7:31 am    

I forgot to mention, his time frame is reasonable. I have read that is a drawback to buying new for some folk. I have been playing six string for over 50 years and this is the first instrument I will ever had built for me. I am very excited. See my veneer thread for the aprons and deck.

Richard Stoops

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 8:39 am     Carl Heatley

Carl, what is the weight of a SD10 in the case and approximate wait time on a build. Also, the cost of a 4th pedal and 5th knee?

Thanks,
Dick

Carl Heatley

Morehead City,NC
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2018 9:54 am    

Hi Richard...I sent you a PM
Thanks Carl.

Dennis Brown

Gowen, Mi. USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2018 3:07 pm     Steels

Hello Carl. I send you a email.

Last edited by Dennis Brown on 7 Mar 2018 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carl Heatley

Morehead City,NC
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2018 5:19 pm    

Dennis...I sent you a PM
Carl.

Jerry Dragon

Gate City Va.
Post  Posted 16 May 2018 8:45 am    

Well, it looks like that deal fell through and I am now $640.00. in the hole.

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 16 May 2018 9:25 am    

Question

Jerry Dragon

Gate City Va.
Post  Posted 18 May 2018 12:17 am    

Lee Baucum wrote:
Question

I am still waiting for him to man up?

Richard Stoops

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2018 3:02 am     Carl Heatley

I talked to Carl on the phone in early March about his guitars and was very close to buying one from him. Glad I bought an Emmons instead. Lot more money, but at least I got a guitar.

Dick

Bill Groner

QUAKERTOWN, PA
Post  Posted 18 May 2018 3:26 am    

Jerry Dragon wrote:
Well, it looks like that deal fell through and I am now $640.00. in the hole.

That is a darn shame! Maybe there are some other issues going on with Carl? Have you talked with him? I'm sure putting up a post on the forum will get you some action, but I'm sure not exactly what you wanted to do. Hope things work out on both ends.

Jerry Dragon

Gate City Va.
Post  Posted 18 May 2018 5:42 am    

Carl has finally contacted me and told me he will have the guitar done next week. A little late with the communication but hopefully a happy ending.

Jerry Dragon

Gate City Va.
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 7:22 am    

two weeks have gone by since I received the email telling me the guitar would be done in a week and not a peep since?

Daniel Buller

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 8:00 am    

I have been hesitant to jump in on these threads until I saw how things panned out. However at some point it's important to speak out to let people know what's really going on.

I realize the Forum is not a place for bad-mouthing people, but at the same time that makes folks so hesitant to say anything that information doesn't get out when truly bad things are happening.

I was one of the customers also affiliated with this scam from Carl Heatley and I verified with three other forum members that were also doing business with him that Carl had each person send payment to a different PayPal account (most accounts didn't even have his name affiliated to the account). He also and encouraged all of us to send the money "as friends and family" rather than for "goods and services". Luckily I sent the money for goods and services so I was able to file a claim and get my money back.

At the end of the day I truly believe he's a con man and I cannot see any logical reason why a person would use a different PayPal account for every transaction they do business for unless they are up to no good.

Additionally I am fairly certain that Jerry Dragon who has been having many problems and has also been the leader on these threads was manufacturing all the parts for Carls guitars so I feel fairly confident and saying it is unlikely anyone is going to receive their guitars.

Thanks for blowing the whistle Jerry!

Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 8:11 am    

Is this guy another account for the one building the steels named after the luxury car? From Greensbro or Greensburg or wherever?
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!

Jerry Dragon

Gate City Va.
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 9:52 am    

I am sorry to have to use this forum as the only means of maybe lighting a fire under someones butt, I don't seem to have many options. Anyway, enough is enough, you all know the story by now, no sense beating a dead horse. I will drop it and forget about it and move on. Obviously I will not be contacted and maybe a guitar will show up at my door and maybe it won't. If it does I just hope it gets here before I spring for another one. I hate to call someone a scam artist scum bag thief but it sure seems it is turning out that way.
Last of my rants. Sorry

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 12:15 pm    

Certainly if a member is ripping off another forum member, I want to know about it. It's easier to get results if the situation hasn't already turned into a public spectacle. Email steelguitarforum@gmail.com with details of the transaction. Sometimes I can help.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 12:20 pm    

Patrick Huey wrote:
Is this guy another account for the one building the steels named after the luxury car? From Greensbro or Greensburg or wherever?

No.

Wade Blaker

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2018 4:15 pm     Carl Heatley

I sent Carl two payments, totaling $1200 for a custom build. I have been unable to get a response from Carl via e-mail or phone. I hope he is tied up in his workshop doing final assembly, but I could be kidding myself. I hope he surfaces soon to clear the air around these matters, since it seems myself and others are also extremely concerned.

Anyone out there living near Morehead City, NC that could check on Carl and see if he's OK?

I can probably come up with an address if needed.