The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MX200 Lexicon settings
David Peirce

Left Coast of Florida
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2018 5:26 pm    

Anyone out there care to share a few MX200 patches? Thinking about replacing the TC Electronics G Major 2 in my Telonics, which seems to be in the process of going south on me.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2018 6:37 am    

If you buy your MX200 from Telonics, Dave Beaty will put some great programs in there for you.

I have never had to modify anything.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2018 9:50 am    

+1 for Telonics

Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2018 12:36 pm     MX200 Patches for use with Telonics TC500 Amplifiers

David,

Since your TC Electronics G Major 2 EFX unit came in your Telonics Combo amplifier’s 1U EFX rack, we will be glad to replace it at no charge even though it is out of TC’s one year warranty period. We are not a dealer (we occasionally buy EFX units from TC and Lexicon the same as anyone else), and we have developed some very nice presets for both units and we are happy to load/provide them to users of Telonics equipment free of cost.

If you should decide to go with a Lexicon MX200, we will ship you an MX200 with our presets installed in exchange for your Gmaj2 unit at no cost - your choice.

If you already have a Lexicon MX200 and have a PC and a USB cable, we'd be glad to email you the full Lexicon MxEdit file with all the patches, which you can then download to your MX200. There are some very useful presets in the file.

Bear in mind that the TC Gmaj2 has a relay switching system which automatically invokes the internal Telonics Dobro simulator and reverb in our TCA500 amplifiers when necessary, thereby using them in conjunction with other effects generated by the Gmaj2. The Lexicon MX200 does not have this capability. The TC unit can generate up to six effects simultaneously, the Lexicon only two.

Just let Sophie, John or myself know what you prefer to do and we'll make it happen right away.

Dave

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2018 12:48 pm    

So there you go.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

David Peirce

Left Coast of Florida
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2018 2:35 pm    

Many thanks to Dave and all the Telonics crew - An unexpected and much appreciated solution. Great people, great service, and fantastic equipment.

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2018 5:50 am    

Dave Beaty and Telonics. What you see when you look up “customer service” in the dictionary.

All companies would do well to follow their lead. First-class all the way!

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2018 6:36 pm    

Another round of applause for Telonics' customer service!

Tim Heidner

Groves, TX
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2018 7:47 am    

Wow! That's customer service, right there! Whoa!