The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  *Please Remover*
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 12:02 am    

**Too many issues to sell, please take down**
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Last edited by Mark Helm on 4 Mar 2018 1:36 pm; edited 12 times in total

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 7:05 am    

Did you add the color to the fret markers?

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 8:43 am    

Yes that is the first year of the Stringmaster and they were all Long scale. Cool thing many didn't know..that there is not Pickup Blend knob behind the bridge, like they put on the following year-ish; BUT you could blend between the two pickups as long as you have just that neck selected and the bottom knob(tone knob) becomes the blend and the other knob is volume of course.
Yes very nice first year stringmaster...and yes somebody did a little touch up paint on the fretboard markers....but hey I thing is looks freakin awesome...I never thought of that...i may do that to me stringmaster.
Ricky

Bill Sinclair

Waynesboro, PA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 10:54 am    

Long scale Stringmasters with chrome pickups, lollipop tuners and slider switches were made from '53-'55 so yours could be anywhere in there. It probably isn't going to matter much to someone looking for a long scale guitar. Here's a thread that tried to establish a timeline:

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=271102&highlight=stringmaster+timeline

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 5:28 pm     Thanks, Guys! And Colored fretmarkers

Yes--the guy who owned it used some kind of colored cellophane strips--said it should come right up.
IF SOMEONE IS INTERESTED, PM me.
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2018 10:23 am     ttt

ttt