The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Perfect Touch Picks at TSGA!
Jenny Thornhill Faulk

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2018 8:09 am    

Just confirmed! Perfect Touch Picks will be set up at the TSGA Jamboree. Be sure to stop by our table and say hi!

William Semler

California, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2018 6:05 pm    

I have been an elevator/ escalator mechanic for 30 years. 25 years ago I lost my right index finger tip ( to the first joint). 3/4” to be exact. Very frustrating in my journey to play slide instruments. I tried different custom pick makers suggested here on the forum, but evidently the work involved wasn’t worth their effort (I understand that the time involved my not bring any kind of return}.
As a result of these disappointments, I eventually ended up with high riders. They were still not long enough.....too short and they popped off constantly .

Then I saw the perfect touch announcement here on the forum in December. I decided to give Jenny a call, expecting another disapointment. Wow was I surprised!

She was genuinely interested, and had me send here pics of my fingers, along with measurements.

2 weeks later I received brass prototypes. It changed my playing completely.

We are making these prototypes into 25 gauge nickel as soon as she gets the material.

She refuses my money until they are right. Incredible. By the way...the haven’t fallen off once in hours of playing.

I have not used the thumb pick yet (1bridge at a time). But I will!

Jenny please feel free to post any of the pics I sent you. You have been a life changer to me, as I now don’t feel hand cuffed any more. I’ll send you pics soon.

Thankfully, Bill Semler

Jenny Thornhill Faulk

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2018 8:16 pm    

Thanks so much for sharing our experience together, Bill! I really do love helping folks play comfortably and in some cases play again!

I am thrilled that I have been able to help you! I am waiting on my next shipment of .025 due any day! Most definitely your picks will be the first I cut out of the new shipment.

Just as a side note... my next project is someone who has seen the thumb pick. This guitar player was born with only an abnormally large thumb (no fingers) on the right hand so has never been able to hold a pick. My thumb pick (with some modifications I imagine) will be a new direction for him! I am so excited!!

Thanks again, Bill, for your kind words and I will let you know when I get the new .025 stock! Then we will post some pictures... And I am going to have to get a video too for the website!

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2018 5:34 am     Sam White

William I read your post and that is great they can make picks for you so you can play your Steel. As far as it falling of after you play a while Before you put your picks on put your fingers in your mouth one at a time and get them a little wet and they will stick on your fingers and when you take hem off you will find that they will be stuck on a little bitt and they will come right off. Spit does wonders. I do this every time I Sit down to play my Fessenden 10 String 4 pedals and 5 Knee LEVER Steel Guitar My 6 String Dobro and My 8 String Dyna Lap Lap Steel.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Richard Ingley

Bowie, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2018 11:41 pm    

TTT

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2018 1:07 pm    

Incredible story. Maybe Jenny can put a video together as part of her table display at the show??!! I will be sure to stop by and support these great people. You rock!

Jenny Thornhill Faulk

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2018 1:34 pm    

Hello John!

A video is a great idea! I will really put some thought into that. Smile I look forward to meeting you!

Bill, I got shipping confirmation. The new .025 should be here Wednesday, 2/14. Very Happy

Richard Ingley

Bowie, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2018 3:23 pm    

TTT

Steven Hicken Jr.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 9:26 am    

These picks are brilliant
202X *Insert new guitar here*

https://www.stevenhickenjr.com/

Jenny Thornhill Faulk

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2018 12:12 pm     We like being brilliant!

Thanks Steven! And we are working on improving every day! You can never have enough shine!

Jenny Thornhill Faulk

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2018 9:26 pm    

We are packing up and going to hit the road about 4am making the trek from Tennessee to Texas! Gonna be set up at the Sheraton by 4pm! Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Jenny Thornhill Faulk

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2018 9:07 am     Thanks for a great TSGA experience!

Should have posted sooner, but...

Thanks to all our new PTP family members and "home folks" for a great TSGA show! It was wonderful to get to visit with folks who knew Rusty (aka Dad)!

Albert and Debbie, it was so nice to be included and welcomed with open arms!

We are already looking forward to next year!