The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Roland JC-40 amp..
William McCormick

Seaford, Delaware, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2018 8:45 am    

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case someone was looking for a new amp especially for lon-pedal steel. I will only be using it for home use but this would also be good for small or medium gigs. After much searching I setteled on the Roland JC-40. Don't be scared away by the name Jazz Chorus. I have found this to be a great amp and if you go to Sweetwater for purchase, then they have VERY good financing arrangements. They ship free and I got delivery in just 3 days. Weighs about 33 lbs. If you go to their site they have a video which is what sold me. Hope this helps someone... Bill Senior ( "Old and in the Way" (which is actually a nice album))..

For those of you who go to Sweetwater.com site and need any help, my sales engineer was Zach Richards at zach_richards@sweetwater.com (800) 222-4700 x1616

Last edited by William McCormick on 23 Feb 2018 8:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Chris Walke

St Charles, IL
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2018 6:29 am    

The Roland JCs are great for steel, especially the 120. My buddy had a JC-120 at his place and he'd let me use that for rehearsals. Heavy amp. Glad I never had to move it.