The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RIP Daryle Singletary
Gary Hoetker

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2018 6:08 pm    

Passed on way too soon. He stayed true to himself and didn't waiver for the sake of greater fame and fortune. In many ways, he might be the greatest traditional country artist of his generation. He certainly had the utmost admiration and respect of his peers. That says volumes. I'll be listening to him for years to come. Thank you sir and RIP !!

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2018 8:58 pm    

Tommy and I saw Darryl when he was touring with Rhonda a few months ago. They were both so kind to their fans, which made the night very special. So many magical moments, both on and off the stage. God bless Darryl's family and close friends as they come to grips with their tragic loss.
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2018 9:20 pm    

A very sad day. One of my favorite singers. My wife ask me why he wasn't more famous. The only answer I could come up with was, his belief in his music was more important than the fame. Artist like Daryl are rare in this business anymore.
RIP Daryl. Condolences to the family.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 2:27 am    

What a voice this man was blessed with. His passing at such an early age makes me speechless.

Skip Cole

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 5:58 am     Very Sad!!

May God surround Darryl's family and friends,with grace and peace.My condolences to all that morn his passing.

Skip

Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 7:19 am    

Unbelievable and shocking. My thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones.

Walter Stettner
Vienna, Austria

Roy Carroll

North of a Round Rock
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 9:07 am    

What a loss to those of us that love REAL country music. His rendition of Old Violin will forever be burned in my mind. One of the great hopes for country music is gone but not forgotten! May peace and serenity be granted to his family as they deal with this loss. RIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgiMzMmCGEU

Charlie Moore

Deville, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 9:42 am     Greatest vocal in town

The people in "NASHVILLE" wouldn't give him a DEAL,people like him dont come along very often...God bless those babys....the famly reunion will miss him too...CM

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 1:53 pm     R.i.p.

I echo Roy's thoughts. I had just entered the Cattlerest Saloon, when the Barmaid Becky, knowing my love of music, told me the news. I sat in udder shock.
My prayers go out to the family.
Sadly, what is now called Country music is controled by lawyers, and accountants,, Hank, Lefty, George, Willie, and so many others could NOT get a recording contracts today. Must be 17-23, good looking,and they may MAKE or CREATE a star that will last til the sound 7-15 year olds like to hear. That is todays market.
We all lost a great young singer of true country music, at a time when there are not many left.
Sadly CAA
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 2:14 pm    

Roy Carroll wrote:
What a loss to those of us that love REAL country music. His rendition of Old Violin will forever be burned in my mind. One of the great hopes for country music is gone but not forgotten! May peace and serenity be granted to his family as they deal with this loss. RIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgiMzMmCGEU

Wow! That was the last song of the night for him!!There is video of him doing it at Cowboys in Scott, La. on Facebook! It will give you chills when you watch it!!

Chris Templeton

The Green Mountain State
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 4:45 pm    

Daryle doing Johnny Paycheck's "The Old Violin": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZxqbp-EO3Q
R.I.P.

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 5:09 pm    

Daryle came onto the country music scene when I was a teenager. I remember singing along with Daryle's hits, "I'm Livin' Up To Her Low Expectations", Too Much Fun", "Amen Kind Of Love", and I Let Her Lie" every time they came on the TV or radio. He was definitely one of my singing heroes. RIP Daryle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Chris Templeton

The Green Mountain State
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 5:38 pm    

Yes, Brett!

Bill Moore

Manchester, Michigan
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 7:53 pm    

Daryle's cd "That's why I sing this way" is probably my favorite cd ever. Such a great singer, he will be missed.

Roger Hand

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2018 5:46 am     don williams song

my favorite was his version of some broken hearts never mend

Benton Allen

Muscle Shoals, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2018 12:40 pm    

I thought he was one of the best.
I'm going to really miss his singing.
God bless the Singletary family.

Benton

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2018 5:28 pm     Sam White

Anna and I seen him and his band at the Fair grounds in Oxford Maine when we lived up there.I do not remember who the Steel Palyer was as he was a great steel player. God let Daryle rest in peace.Another great gone.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Micky Byrne

United Kingdom (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2018 2:21 am    

It's was only very recently that I've caught youtubes of Daryle, and was so pleased to hear a man singing traditional country again, with such a good timbre voice...I couldn't believe it when I heard of his passing from a Pal in States....R.I.P. Daryle Sad

Micky "Scars" Byrne U.K.

Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 12:51 pm    

This is very sad news. One of my favorites.

My prayers and deepest sympathies go out for Daryle and his family and friends. May The Lord keep them all in his grace and embrace.

Chris "Tiny" Olson

Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 1:31 pm    

I found this photo of Daryle, Holly, and their four children. RIP Daryle and thoughts and prayers for the family trying to get through this very sad and difficult time. God bless....

Tyler Hall

Mt. Juliet, TN
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 8:08 pm    

Daryle may not have had the recognition he deserved but his idea of success was different than most. Daryle always said he was blessed just to be able to make a living singing the music he loved. He never did anything he didn't believe in and was one of the few people that gave up success to follow his heart. So, Daryle Singletary was a success. All of us were (and still probably are) in shock over his passing. We had just gotten home from 3 shows that weekend. He stepped off the bus Sunday afternoon in good health and was dead 12hrs later. We're all gonna miss our friend and savior of real from the heart country music. If y'all could say a few prayers for Holly and their 4 kids (7, 7, 5, 3), I know they'd greatly be appreciated.

I was blessed beyond measure to sit beside him for 2 years and watch him sing like I've never heard anyone else do. I never ever got tired of hearing him sing. The last night we played, he blew me away just as much as the first night. If you never saw him live, you sure missed a tremendous talent.

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2018 12:21 pm    

Tyler, I would imagine that your professional and personal life will not be the same after losing Daryle so unexpectedly. Thank you for emphasizing his idea of success. I've heard a few negative comments from some fans, upset that Daryle "never made it BIG". I will be surprised if any bigger country star will hear more glowing compliments than from those who knew Daryle Singletary's work.
Tommy and I have been praying for you and all Daryle's band-mates, and of course for his precious family.

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview

Jim Eyer

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2018 2:20 pm     RIP Daryle

What a shock! He was "keeping it country" and loved the PSG. Truly a great loss...

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2018 9:52 am    

My sense is that Daryle and his family had been running on a tight budget the last number of years and that they are in tough shape not only emotionally from this terrible tragedy, but financially as well. So, a fundraising page has been set up for his family to provide them financial assistance. This is so very sad, seeing he has such a young family that now has no husband or dad. You can make contributions to help Daryle Singletary's family at the link below:

https://www.youcaring.com/darylesingletarysfamily-1106490

Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2018 4:31 pm    

Thank you, John!