The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho~Bud The Professional SOLD
Eric Dahlhoff

Point Arena, California
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2018 11:13 pm    

Sold - donation sent to Forum!

Ser #3073 from 1973
Round front, barrels behind 2-hole pullers.
Super easy to change the setup! Stays in tune. Sounds real sweet and plays well.

I bought this as a project a few years ago. Complete disassembly and cleaning, with a few parts replaced. The lacquer was falling off in chunks, so I refinished it. (It was originally all blonde) The horseshoe inlay is original. The new finish is polyurethane. The color changes depending on your angle, but it's more green than blue. There are a few dings & imperfections, but not too noticeable. See the pics.

The fret boards are dust-catchers (not original) that I installed. One is the style with screws, the other not. I also have a set of WHITE dust-catchers I'd be willing to part with.

The pickups are interesting, and very cool, low-impedance Shot Jackson hum-buckers you can read about here...
https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=281275&highlight=

I also have a pair of "normal" coil-tap Sho~Buds that I can include for extra $ if you want them. I tried the "normal" ones, but put the hum-buckers back on. I really prefer them. Sweet sound, even with me playing it!

I have the first 4 pedals set up on the E9 neck. The C6 neck has pedals 5-8. I will change the 4th pedal back to the normal C6 use at the buyer's request. I really like the zero-pedal on the E9.
The current setup is this:

The case has some shredded tolex. And the partition between the body & pedal bar has been broken. (The music store I bought it from ignored my plea to brace it before shipping...) But it's fine for normal use. I'll make sure it's well braced before I ship it. I installed wheels on the case - see pics.

This has never left my house since I got it. That's the main reason I'm selling it. It's too damn heavy for me to deal with, and I don't really play C6. The wheels on the case help a lot, but at some point you have to lift it into your car. I ain't gonna do that anymore! Working to lighten all my stuff.
Any questions!? I prefer email to PM's please.

Last edited by Eric Dahlhoff on 15 Apr 2018 4:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mark Shuda

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2018 9:40 am     question

Eric,
Is there an X in the serial number of this guitar?

Eric Dahlhoff

Point Arena, California
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2018 12:50 pm     Ser Number

no sir...

Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2018 8:49 pm    

These are absolute tone monsters. I love them but , at 85 my old muscles balk at the weight. If you have never played one of these you are missing one hell of a ride. I might buy it myself if you include a fork lift...lol

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2018 6:04 am    

Mine is from 1972 and it's amazing...someone should grab this beauty ! Whoa!

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2018 6:43 am     Sho-Bud Professional

I agree, and it should be me, lol.
I will post several steel and other guitars,4 sale.
CAA
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Bill Bailey

Kingman, AZ
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2018 12:59 pm     Sho Bud

Very Happy Where can you buy wood so beautiful as these old Sho Buds. Incredible beauty.
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.

Eric Dahlhoff

Point Arena, California
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 9:09 am     Pics of Extras

Well Bill,
You could buy this one Laughing

Had Q's about the white dust catcher fret boards & pickups available. So here they are. My wife doesn't like the white ones so I never installed them. No accounting for taste Cool

Bill Bailey

Kingman, AZ
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 11:41 am     Sho Bud

Very Happy Eric, I am afraid that I would just set and look at it all day, forget how to play and just fade off into the sunset.
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 12:04 pm     Sho-Bud Professional

Eri8c, as per our conversation, I will take it. New Steel love of my life. If I put a tip can next to it, in Tombstone Az. I might be able to make a living by letting people look at it, lol. Keeep it covered til they pay, lol
Happiest dude around.
Crazy Arizona Art
Now all know why I am selling other instruments
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 2:41 pm     Sho-Bud Professional

Eric, I love the white fretboards also, it just seems to set off the beauty more. I think Zane and Shot were in contest with each other to see who could build the most beautiful steel. Always trying to one up the other. I think birdseye that is that highly figured is getting hard to find and very expensive now. Plus you would want old growth trees.
CAA

Eric Dahlhoff

Point Arena, California
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 2:51 pm    

Alright Art Very Happy
On-hold awaiting payment.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 3:21 pm     Special Sho-Bud Professional

Very Happy Whoa! , THANKS ERIC, this us a very special Sho-Bud to me. The 1st time I viewed it I knew that it had to be mine. Even if I have to sell my original ownership 2005 Gretsch 6120, DSV , 57 RE-ISSUE, that I lusted for since I was 12. Same color RED, that I had seen in 58. Blue book says Western maple orange is only color but they did make in Red stain.
CAA[ Laughing