The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  FRESH psg strings
Keith Bolog

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 5:37 am    

I dont care what brand they are if they can be verified to be factory new manufactured within the last month or so. with a date? If there is a source where you must assemble the set yourself from individuals I am willing to try it.

I have never received a set of strings that were totally fresh and free of a visible blemish or more on the strings. PLEASE DONT start a discussion or ask me which ones, ive pretty much tried them all.

It must be the low volume of consumption that is responsible anyway if you can really help me out here, thanks.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 6:20 am    

The "current" production GHS "super steel" strings are individually sealed in plastic packages. I have some and do not see any "blemishes" on them. Although my main strings are George L's and I haven't had any issues with them over 30 years of using them.

I got the GHS strings from juststrings.com

http://www.juststrings.com/ghspedalsteelguitar.html

Bill Moore

Manchester, Michigan
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2018 6:38 am    

I don't buy sets, I buy 12 packs of individual strings. I have bought from Juststrings and also Rogue brand from Musician's Friend, never have had any problems with tarnish or defects. I've been dong this 20-25 for years at least.