The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Scrapbook Photos of Jerry Byrd: Who Else in the Pics?(Help!)
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2018 12:32 am    

Folks:

I acquired several pages of a scrapbook belonging to a since-deceased Jerry Byrd uber-fan. There are a bunch of people I'm assuming are musicians from the 40s and 50s. Since I wasn't born until the 60s, I could use your help. Please forgive the poor image quality; I don't have a scanner, so these are just quick pictures of pictures):

I'm pretty sure that's Buddy Killen on the left (back when he was a bass player at the Opry), to the right of Jerry--but the other two?

No idea who this fella on the right is, but he looks sooo familiar...

Anyway, I'm going to get them all together, then will post some of the best, like these:

Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Mitch Drumm

Frostbite Falls, hard by Veronica Lake
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2018 2:00 am    

The other 2 guys in the first pic look like George Morgan, with Zeke Turner at the far right. Pretty sure about Morgan, less so about Zeke.

Zeke had a history with Jerry, going back to when they both recorded together with Hank Williams and Red Foley. And with each other.

Compare Zeke in the middle of the pic below, from 1947:

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2018 9:00 am    

Neat pictures! Very Happy
Erv

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2018 9:06 pm     Yup, I think yer right!

I think you're right! This pic has hand-written on the back "Pleasant Valley Boys, 1948: Louie Innis, Jerry Byrd, Zeke Turner, Ted Turner"

The original looks a lot better.
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.