The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Joe Sapp
Paul E Vendemmia

Olney Maryland Mongomery
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2018 2:07 am    

we lost a great friend Joe Sapp to cancer. I don't have picture of him handy. But here is the guitar I built for him. He love it and played it so well. He will be missed.

ROBERT MYERS

HEDGESVILLE, W.VA. USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2018 3:48 am    

You're so right Paul, Joe loved playing and being around other players. He was so proud of that guitar and everyone can see why. I will sure miss the times we would get together at his place or mine and play for hours
Rest in peace Joe

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2018 3:50 am    

Joe was a fine player and also a very good singer. Never thought I would see him sit behind anything but a black Emmons!

RIP, Joe.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2018 8:14 am    

Sorry to hear of this. I've corresponded with him several times but never got to meet him. I was supposed to stop and visit with him the next time I got back up that way (I'm from Mechanicsburg, Pa) but haven't been there for a long time.

Mike Wilson

Mansfield, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2018 9:11 am    

truly going to be missed. Rest in peace ole buddy.

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2018 10:12 am    

I'm real sorry to hear this. I visited Joe at his house a couple of times, both before and after his divorce, and he was always very nice to me. Last time i saw him was at the annual show in Hamburg, PA a few years' ago. I enjoyed his playing, and he seemed to enjoy mine.

Rest easy, 'ol buddy.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2018 12:43 pm     Sam White

Hi Paul I new Joe Sapp and use to go to his home in Chambersburg VA. when he use to have his Steel Guitar Shows there and Ray Walker use to go also. Last time I heard Joe move out on the Vergina Coast and I lost track with him. Anna and I use to stop by his home on our trips back and forth from Morth Carolina to Rhode Island and back many times. He got mad at me one night I called him from the Hotel near his house and he said why did you do that I told you and Anna to come to my home you are always welcome. That is Joe. I remember when he got Divorce and he Told me the whole story. I miss Joe and now him and Ray Walker are playing Steel with God.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Shorty Smith

Columbus, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2018 6:15 pm    

Sorry to hear about Joe, A wonder man and my friend for many years, RIP my friend, Condolence for the Family, Shorty

Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2018 8:47 pm    

Godspeed and RIP, my friend.

Reginald Diller

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2018 10:34 am    

Living just 15 miles from Joe, I have visited him whenever I could and thoroughly enjoyed his jamm sessions with Ray Walker, George Wixon, and many other friends. I have missed Joe and my condolances to his family and many friends.RIP Joe!
Reg Diller

George Wixon

Waterbury, CT USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2018 7:11 am    

Very sorry to hear of Joe's passing.
Joe and I would get together many weekends and just have fun playing steel.
Joe would always share anything that you may want to know as to how he played something on the steel.
Always had a lot of fun when he would host a "Steel In" at his house.
I'll miss you Joe, RIP.
George