The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Help needed to complete chord chart. Free Excel download
Alejandro Otero

Spain
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2018 12:05 pm    

Hello everybody

First of all, sorry for my English.

Two weeks ago I received my first pedal steel guitar (A Zumsteel Encore (4 + 5) by Doug Earnest). I have been making an Excel sheet with the combinations of pedals and levers necessary to obtain the different chords. The sheet also includes tips on music theory. My goal is to print the sheet to use as a poster. To make the sheet, I had as reference the pdf made by Patricia Warnock, which can be downloaded for free in http://www.cryinsteel.com/. The copedent of my guitar is a bit different from Patricia's pdf (among other things, it has an extra pedal and split tunning). I want to get the combinations adapted to the copedent of my guitar, especially which chords I can get with the fourth pedal and the split tunnings. This may be interesting for Encore users who have the same configuration as my guitar, which is the standard factory + extra pedal. It can also be interesting for those who do not have the same copedent (the sheet is completely editable, so you can adapt it to yours). The copedent of my guitar is included in the sheet, which can be downloaded for free. With the suggestions of this thread, I will be updating the sheet to be able to add more rows with the combinations to obtain the types of chords that are missing. I will also be adding more tips on music theory to the sheet, which is incomplete right now, but it's good to have a look and see my copedent. The updates of the sheet are going to be announced in this thread. Because I'm a newbie, the sheet may have errors. Please, indicate if someone detects any. I would also like to know how to obtain Maj7 and Suspended chords, which are the types of chords that are missing from the sheet. I hope this can be useful for everyone. Please, if possible, open the file with Microsoft Excel or Libre Office. Open Office has compatibility problems.

Download file: http://psgchart.dx.am/

Thank you very much.