The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1942 RIckenbacher Silver Hawaiian for sale
Phil Donnison

Manly Vale N.S.W., Australia
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2018 8:26 pm    

I'm selling my beautiful vintage early 40's (1941-2?) Rickenbacher Electro, Model NS 100, Silver Hawaiian nickel-plated brass lap steel. I've based the dates on the serial number - D1659 and with the Rickenbacher register.

My Ric has always been really well looked after and is in excellent+ condition. It has a beautiful vintage tone and sustain and a big output from the 1.5" horseshoe pickup. Volume and tone controls are on the audience side, are clean and work perfectly. It has replacement Kluson style tuners which look exactly like the originals and are smooth, accurate and hold well. The decal has the original spelling - 'Rickenbacher'. The nickel plating is mirror-like with some playing wear and some light, hardly noticeable pitting. The original hard case is missing the latch and one of the hinges is broken but it still functions. I use a different case if I'm touring.

I've noticed over the last few years that really clean, vintage Ric lap steels are becoming harder and harder to find so this is a great opportunity to own a wonderful, collectable and very playable instrument in amazing condition.

US$1650 plus postage and insurance WW I have attached some pics below.

Mike Harris

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2018 7:10 am    

I hope I look that good when I'm 75.

Kevin Swan

Medina, Ohio
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2018 9:07 am    

Mike Harris wrote:
I hope I look that good when I'm 75.

Hell, I don't look that good NOW! What a shining star of a guitar THAT is, huh?

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2018 12:34 pm     Gorgeous guitar

WOW! That's a gorgeous Rick! And a fair price... for Australia. It's still more than a little costly to ship to the land down under.
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Phil Donnison

Post  Posted 28 Jan 2018 2:48 pm    

Hey Mark FYI I just got a quote for delivery via Australia Post and the shipping costs would be around the US$100 mark to Nashville Tennessee. It may differ slightly with a different Tennessee zip code.

Jeff Spencer

Queensland, Australia
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2018 3:26 am    

Wish I had the cash! Such a gorgeous example!....and it's in my country!!!

Nic Neufeld

Kansas City, Missouri
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2018 7:46 pm    

It really is a beautiful guitar....I showed it to my wife though and she blackballed the Silver Hawaiians because they reminded her of the liquid metal guy in one of the Terminator movies... Laughing Hope you find a buyer for it!

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2018 1:37 am     Wish

Wish I could afford it! Gorgeous guitar!
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Phil Donnison

Post  Posted 4 Feb 2018 10:40 pm     Re: Wish

Mark Helm wrote:
Wish I could afford it! Gorgeous guitar!

Would you like to make me a fair offer Mark?

Dan Campbell

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2018 6:54 am     offer sent

Phil
I sent you a pm with an offer. Dan

Phil Donnison

Post  Posted 7 Feb 2018 2:36 pm    

My Silver Hawaiian has been sold - thanks to everyone who contacted me. It has gone to a good home!

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2018 12:48 am     Sold

SOLD-- Nice guitar!