The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jeff Newman Finger Picks
Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2018 6:00 am    

I received email notification of the Jeffran College website. As I have read many liking Jeff Newman's finger picks, they are selling them now at a pre-order price of $8.00 (they will be $10.00 later). If interested:

https://www.jeffrancollege.com/

Pete McAvity

St. Louis, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2018 6:13 pm    

Heya, Ken. Have you received these? I preordered a coupla sets right after your post & they’ve yet to arrive. At the end of January Melissa emailed that they were expecting them soon. Haven’t been able to reach her by email or phone this week.

They say "thats how it goes". I say "that ain't the way it stays!"

Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2018 6:58 pm    

Pete,

My last contact was on 2/28 via email. Melissa indicated mid-March was anticipated. Of course that has passed, so I am just patiently awaiting as yet. They are still processing other orders as I bought and received one of Mr. Newman’s courses 2-weeks ago. I will update when the picks are received.

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2018 7:01 pm    

I just ordered a couple sets. That's a decent price and free shipping.....well, I couldn't resist. And I think the world of the Newman family.

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2018 8:50 pm    

Hey Guys, I could not find the Thumb Picks. Did I just overlook them or they not offered now? J.R.

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2018 12:25 am    

At the bottom of the page showing the courses, you have to click on LOAD MORE. Keep clicking LOAD MORE until you see the picks.

Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2018 5:01 am    

J R Rose wrote:
Hey Guys, I could not find the Thumb Picks. Did I just overlook them or they not offered now? J.R.

J.R.,

Like Mike said, keeping doing "Load More". But you did specify "Thumb Picks". I do not see Thumb Picks as being offered. Only the Jeffran Nickel Silver Fingerpicks.

As an student of some of Jeff's teaching videos, he does mention that the choice of thumb pick is not anything special, other than it should be plastic and fit comfortably. Any type will do. But he does get more picky in regards to the finger picks.

Bobby Bonds Sr.

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2018 5:45 am     Picks

I've had four sets on order for two months. Still waiting!

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2018 6:38 am    

Thanks Mike and Ken. I will do that and yes I thought he used to have Thumb Picks and they had a longer Thang/Tongue on them than most others. Thanks, J.R.

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2018 1:53 pm    

You're right, J.R. I mis-read your post. I favored the Newman thumb picks, too. But they don't sell them any more...sad to say. I have since switched to the Fred Kelly white speed picks. Which is weird because they aren't anything alike. Oh Well Chalk it up to age! Winking

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2018 6:22 am    

I have been using an ORIGINAL 2 sets of the CHROME BJ picks for over 30 years and DARE anyone to even look at them. hehe.

The JF pick is the same pick without the chrome plating.

These are the most comfortable finger picks I ever used and have a couple of sets of the JF picks that Jeff gave me in reserve in case I wear out the 30 year old Chrome picks before I die.

They are definitely worth the wait.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

J Hollenberg

Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2018 5:52 am    

Hello,
I've got a Happy Easter email from Jeffran with the following message concerning the fingerpicks:

Our MUCH anticipated restock of our specially made Jeffran Fingerpicks has unfortunately been pushed back yet again due to a legality. This was on our suppliers part, due to the inconvenience they will be adding addtional pieces to our order free of charge. We will be passing this onto our PREorder customers, adding an addtional pair/set of JF Fingerpicks to each Pre-Order free of charge. Our new anticipated release date is on or before 4/23/18.

So you must be patience.

Last edited by J Hollenberg on 3 Apr 2018 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2018 8:36 am    

J Hollenberg wrote:
... adding an addtional pair/set of JF Fingerpicks to each Pre-Order free of charge.

Nice! That will be worth the extra wait.

Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2018 4:38 pm     JF Picks

I got a pair from Jeff about 20 years ago. Still using them. The edge that is on the left side of the picks are worn some. I have spare set I got a few years ago. I tried them on about a year ago. I ended up going back to my original pair with the side warn. Feel better and I think sound better. Maybe my imagination. I guess I got attached to them!!!

Derek Puckett

Cookeville Tn
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2019 2:57 pm     Who made them?

Who made the Jeff Newman thumb picks?