The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  question about Telonics volume pedal
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2017 8:13 am    

I'm about to take the plunge and buy one of these. the main question I have is high or low profile? I wear boots sometimes but not always. is low the way to go?

I'm also leaning toward the Pro model rather than the Standard. thoughts?

thanks gang

David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2017 4:23 pm    

Contact Tom Bradshaw. I purchased my Telonics pedal through him and he was a wealth of information regarding which particular version best suited my needs.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2017 9:51 am    

What are you using now? Is it comfortable? Buy the same profile that you currently have. If your right leg is hitting the bottom of the guitar, like mine did when wearing boots, then maybe a low profile pedal may be best for you. I switched to a low profile pedal and never looked back.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2017 10:09 am    

My pedal is a "pro" model with an expanded part number of "FP-100MNPSB-HB PRO".

On the last page of the user manual there is a breakdown of the part number fields:

"M" designates mono version
"N" designates no expression output on "OUT-2" jack
"P": PRO model with full range EQ output
"S": Standard MAX Volume is toe down
"B": blue LED
"H": High Profile
"B": black color

Check out the pictures on my review and you can see that the "high profile" pedal is somewhat lower in both the full on and full off positions than the standard Goodrich 120 pedal. Whichever version you buy, the factory can change the pivot point back to the other profile for you after purchase if so desired. You can't go wrong!

http://www.gregcutshaw.com/Telonics%20Pedal/Telonics%20Pedal.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Steven Welborn

Ojai,CA USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2018 9:11 pm    

I'm pining for a Telonics pedal too. The features look great. Questions:
1. do you have to send to factory if you want to change the pivot point? Too complicated disassembly?
2. Is the difference between the pro and non pro more eq range?
3.What does "standard MAX volume toe down" mean"?

(I'm probably looking for a used one so I'm asking here instead of pestering Tom B.)

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2018 1:53 am    

The Low Profile pedal is mostly designed for people that wear boots or shoes with heels.

About 95% of the Telonics pedals that I sell are the HB (high) profile models. Seems most players either wear sneakers or loafers.

The pivot point can be changed, however it must be done at the factory for several reasons.
Yes it is complicated. There are a bunch of electronics in the pedal.
And if you do it yourself, you will void your warranty.

Figuring that shipping is about $20 each direction, think before you order.

The PRO model is designed more for players that do mostly fast "clean" picking of notes. However, having both, I really can't tell the difference for my playing.
Since you can adjust the impedence anyway, you won't go wrong with either pedal STD or PRO.
The PRO pedal is $50 more money.

I would appreciate the opportunity to help any of you get a new Telonics Volume pedal.

Just give me a shout or email.

Thanks,
Bill
770-921-7253
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.