Santa Rosa California
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2018 3:05 pm    

Does anyone know the approx weight of a Webb 614 E With JBL speaker
Thanks
Paul

Brett Resnick

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2018 3:20 pm    

I shipped one recently and it wasn’t cheap it was like 160 bucks to ship. Though I paid an extra 30 bucks for FedEx to pack it with there boxes. I feel like mine weighed around 50 pounds maybe more with a jbl d 130. The E130 i believe is heavier.

Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2018 4:01 pm    

I believe the weight is closer to 70lbs with a JBL E-130 8 as mine has got. The GP 614 which I also have, is around 50 lbs. with a JBL 12”.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2018 4:40 pm    

I just another day had a conversation with a guy who wanted to buy a steel guitar, when I told him shipping will be around $150 he told me I was a crook lol... I take guitars to UPS and have them pack it, and then I pay for insurance on the full value of the guitar... some people have no clue what they are talking about sometimes... shipping is super expensive... I just got a shipping quote for 17lbs banjo of $180 yesterday at the UPS store... and I am a crook lol ....

Danny Sherbon

San Angelo, TX
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2018 5:03 pm     shipping

Done

Last edited by Danny Sherbon on 8 Jun 2018 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2018 5:36 pm     Re: shipping

Danny Sherbon wrote:
I sold a steel to a dealer on here and he told me it would be $150 and that's what he paid me. In reality it cost me $228 and that dealer wouldn't pay me the difference. I feel like he still owes me that since he's in the business and told me wrong

I can not tell you how much the shipping will be, I can only estimate, people at the shipping office will tell you exactly how much shipping is... I told you I will pay you $150 for shipping and you agreed ... you could have went to the shipping office and get the shipping quote yourself...

Danny Sherbon

San Angelo, TX
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2018 5:59 pm     Done

Done

Last edited by Danny Sherbon on 8 Jun 2018 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2018 6:36 pm     Re: Beware

Danny Sherbon wrote:
People on the Forum do things right. They wouldn’t take advantage of anybody. They make things right. I won’t be doing business with you again because you don’t fall into that category of people. You owe me $78.

I don't owe you nothing, you should have send my money back to me if you didn't agree with shipping... that was not an offer or a negotiation, I said I will pay $150 for shipping, and I did, you received the several thousands of dollars for your guitar, plus $150 for shipping, and shipped guitar to me, I don't do well with blackmailing, and extortions , so yes, please do not ever do business with me again, go play your games with someone else...

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2018 8:14 pm    

I shipped a regular Dobro a few month ago, pack it myself, and shipping was $60.00. Shipping is out of sight now.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2018 8:20 pm    

I would like to say here, that I have dealt with Damir several times, and he has been nothing but fair, and honest. He is a great man to deal with, and offers nothing but the best in products, and service.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Dave Diehl

Mechanicsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2018 7:45 am    

Just received a Webb amp and packed in the box (with the original speaker) was 62.8 pounds.

George Webb

Mississauga, Ont, CAN
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2018 4:53 pm    

Not what you asked ... but mine is 46 lb with an Eminence speaker.

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2018 5:26 am    

Shipping costs also vary greatly depending on your shipping account. I can ship a Webb 6-14-E or a a heavy D-10 pedal steel across the country for $60 including insurance from my work UPS account. That's packing it myself and includes of course all the additional weight of the 3/4 rigid foam surround and double wall industrial cardboard. That same package costs $125 to ship from my local UPS/hardware store shipper. And the costs are increased even further if you have someone else pack it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

George Frachiseur

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2018 1:53 pm     Integrity

I have delt with Demir a few times and he has never lied to me period, I think there must have been a miscomunication or a hearing problem here. With that said, always make sure about what you say and what you hear.

Steve Matlock

Bentonville, AR USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2018 3:39 pm    

Mine weighed 61 lb without the cover and 64 lb with the cover. That is with the original JBL speaker.

George Redmon

Muskegon & Detroit Michigan.
Post  Posted 30 May 2018 6:31 pm    

Mine is right around 65 pounds with original speaker, cover and leg clip. And Demir has always been fair and treated me great. I consider him a friend.