The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Fender 2000 D10 Pedal Steel -Immaculate (SOLD)
Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2018 9:26 pm    

Fender 2000 D10 Pedal Steel Guitar, post 1964. Immaculate. I’m reluctant to part with this guitar, but I must. I haven’t played it with the pedals because the cables rub at the big spindle. I’m told it’s easy to correct, but I’ve put off attempting it. I love the sound of it. But I have too many pedal steels. I’ve already parted with eight, and kept this till last. (Don’t worry, I’m keeping my Sho-Bud Crossover and Sho-Bud/Fender Hybrid, which is all I need, and that’s not counting a couple of non-pedal console steels.)
VERY VERY HEAVY. Shipping could be over $100. Better if you could drive over and pick it up. Hey, it’s an excuse to meet a fellow steel guitarist and chat.

Offers in the region of $1,600. Now $1,500. Shipping will be at cost.

Last edited by Alan Brookes on 17 Jun 2018 12:29 pm; edited 7 times in total

Nic Neufeld

Kansas City, Missouri
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2018 8:37 am    

That's a D10 actually...model 2000. Big fellow!!

I'm just getting my model 400 up to par, so I'm not in the market, but it sure is pretty! The changer is fascinating, as I recall the 800/2000 changers allow multiple levels of sharping or flatting per string (hence all that wonderful complication there!).

In that cable shot...is one cable connected to both changers? Anyway, good luck with the sale and congratulations to your daughter!

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 16 Jan 2018 9:55 am    

Thanks Nic. Yes, D10. I don't know what I was thinking of. Oh Well I've had several Fender cable models over the years. I couldn't remember the model number. I guess my memory is getting worse. Laughing
I've corrected the description. Winking

Tim Whitlock

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2018 10:02 am    

Looks to be in very nice shape. The issue with the cables can easily be sorted out with a little thought and patience. The cables just have to be unhooked and then reattached starting with pedal 1. Then you "stack" them consecutively in the same order at the changer as they are at the pulley.

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 16 Jan 2018 1:20 pm    

Tim Whitlock wrote:
Looks to be in very nice shape. The issue with the cables can easily be sorted out with a little thought and patience. The cables just have to be unhooked and then reattached starting with pedal 1. Then you "stack" them consecutively in the same order at the changer as they are at the pulley.

Yes, it's fairly simple, I'm told. I just never got around to it. Embarassed

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 18 Jan 2018 10:48 am    

TTT

Ted Nesbitt

Northern Ireland
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2018 11:39 am     Fender D10

Hi Alan, just admiring your Fender 2000. It looks really nice. What score would you give it from 1 - 10 I sold a 2000 to a guy in Burbank about 12 years ago. It was MINT, there was not a flaw anywhere on it. I have never seen one again in that condition, and probably never will. I was wondering if it was the same guitar that you have. Very hard to find one in Mint condition. I recently bought a Fender Artist D10 from Mark Shuda in Wisconsin. It was in remarkable condition. I removed the back neck and converted it into a SD10 4 x 4 Super guitar ... Got that distinctive
Fender sound.

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 18 Jan 2018 1:06 pm     Re: Fender D10

Ted Nesbitt wrote:
Hi Alan, just admiring your Fender 2000. It looks really nice. What score would you give it from 1 - 10 I sold a 2000 to a guy in Burbank about 12 years ago. It was MINT, there was not a flaw anywhere on it. I have never seen one again in that condition, and probably never will. I was wondering if it was the same guitar that you have. Very hard to find one in Mint condition. I recently bought a Fender Artist D10 from Mark Shuda in Wisconsin. It was in remarkable condition. I removed the back neck and converted it into a SD10 4 x 4 Super guitar ... Got that distinctive
Fender sound.

I would say about 9. If you're in Ireland it would be heavy in shipping. I can hardly pick it up nowadays. I was hoping somebody local would swing by with his own transport. I don't envy the idea of getting it over to UPS. My car's on the blink right now so it would be a mile down the hill on a trolley to UPS or USPS.
Do you know Basil Henriques? It was he who alerted me to this guitar about four or five years ago when I bought it, because of its immaculate condition. He recently rated it as a "Very nice guitar". I always intended to make it my regular steel, but I never got round to freeing up the cables around the main spindle ...the Achilles Heel of all Fender cable models ...so I've just played it without the pedals, and it sounds amazing.
You very rarely see one in this condition.

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 22 Feb 2018 5:24 pm    

Too heavy to carry down to the UPS or USPS, and I don't have a car. If you can come and collect it from Oakland, California, I'll reduce the price further.

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 27 May 2018 2:49 pm    

Still available.

Daniel West

California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2018 6:27 pm    

Hi there, new member here. Is this guitar still available?

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 8 Jun 2018 10:03 am    

Yes, but it's very heavy. I'd like to sell it to someone who could pick it up from the East Bay, (Oakland). I don't have a car right now, and the Post Office is a mile away. Where in California do you live?

Daniel West

California, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2018 6:35 pm    

Above Auburn. So about 3 hours away give or take. I'm still trying to figure the forum out so I will try and private message you.

Jim Sliff

Lawndale California, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 1:55 pm    

Daniel, if you buy it - and IMO it's a heck of a deal - visit the Facebook Fender pedal steel page if you're not familiar with Fender's cable pull guitars.

You'll find tons of free advice, maintenance and service documents and so on from members who have been working with them for years!

Good luck!
Appalachian, Regal & Dobro squarenecks
1959 Fender 400 9+2 B6;1960's Fender 800 3+3+2; 1948 Fender Dual-8 Professional

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 13 Jun 2018 2:11 pm    

Tim Whitlock wrote:

Yes, I've been told that by several Fender cable users. I just haven't gotten round to doing it. Whoever buys it shouldn't have any problem separating the cables at the wheel. There's no tangling anywhere else, and the mechanisms work well.

Alan Brookes

Post  Posted 17 Jun 2018 12:30 pm    

Now sold and picked up.