The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Quarterly Meeting!
Peter Hart

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2017 9:04 am    

Hello!! This is Peter Hart, secretary of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association here to announce our next meeting!
We will have our next quarterly meeting on January 7, 2018.
It will be held at the Tiverton VFW Post #5392, 134 Shove Street, Tiverton, Rhode Island.
The meeting will be held from noon until about 5pm.
As far as goodies go, this is a "pot luck" event so everyone is encouraged to bring something to share with everyone else. This means music AND the food!!! Smile
I hope to see you all there (barring any car trouble like last time)...
Pedal steels, lap steels, consoles and dobros all welcome!!!
Looking forward to this!!!

Jim Rice

Littleton, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2017 6:40 am    

Looking forward to our first get together of the year. If you have any photos of the RISGA show please bring them to share. I'll have my computer if you just want to bring the files.

It may be cold outside but it's always a hot time at the VFW with RISGA pickers!

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2017 5:13 pm     Sam White

HI PETER & JIM
ANNA AND I WILL BE THERE AS LONG AS THE WEATHER IS A LOT BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE BEEN GETTING.NO WE DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO N.C.WE ARE BACK HOME TO STAY.I WILL BRING MY STEEL,DOBRO AND LAP STEEL WHICH I HAVE UP FOR SALE.I CUT THE LEGS ON THE STEEl 1' 3/4 INCH SHORTER MYSELF AND THEY CAME OUT GREAT.ALSO I TALKED TO PAT AND VINNY DOYAL AND GOT THEM TO COME ALONG ALSO.THEY WANT MANNY AND JOSEPHINE TO JOIN N.E.S.G.A. AND THEY WILL JOIN R.I.S.G.A.
SAM WHITE
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Last edited by Sam White on 2 Jan 2018 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2018 5:48 am     I Played for Bob Almeida Yesterday

He`s bahaak! Hi Sam, I was looking forward to roughing you up at the meeting, but how could I, when you helped me with my car one day about 15 years ago. I need one more favor. Can you bring all your friends and neighbors to the RISGA fun time?

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 12:49 pm     Sam White

HI JIM I HAVE LOADS OF PICTURES OF R.I.S.G.A..I ALSO HAVE THE PLAQUE THAT LEN AMARAL HYANDED TO ME ON THE STAGE AT THE AMERICAN LEAGION POST 12 WHICH IS NO MORE.I ALSO HAVE LOT OF PICTURES OF ALL THE FIRST R.I.S.G.A.SHOWS AND LOT OF OTHER STEEL SHOWS ANNA AND I HAVE BEEN TO.I WILL BRING THEM WITH ME AND IF ANY WANTS A FEW THEY WILL BE WELCOME TO THEM.I WILL ALSO BRING MY STEEL AND MY DYNA LAP LAP STEEL AND MY DOBRO.I CAN PLAY THEM ALL BUT NOT THE GREATEST.I JUST KEEP TRYING AND WILL NOT GIVE UP. SAM WHITE
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2018 7:20 am     Sam White

HEY YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT DAY AND TIME.KEEP THOUS STEEL GUITARS WARM AS IT IS BRUDLE OUT THERE.ANNA CAN NOT GO OUT IN THIS COLD SHE HAS BAD HEART PROBLEMS TWO LEAKY VALVES AND I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE HER I WOULD BE LOST WITH OUTHER.``````````````````SAM WHITE

Jim Rice

Post  Posted 7 Jan 2018 7:29 am    

Stay safe and warm Sam, and take care of Anna. See you next time.

Peter Hart

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2018 6:15 am    

We had a great time at the meeting yesterday. Nick, Josh, and Trevor blew us all away with their tremendous playing abilities! Roger was helping us along, running the jam and showing new tricks on pedal patter.
Jake was pushing through the tunes on his Strat and sounding better and more confident on each go round.
A good time was had by all!
Ritchie always amazes me on what he can do on the dobro. It was cold outside, but nice and warm inside.
Let's do this again in a few months!

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2018 7:39 am    

Peter, I loved your disguise and your tone. I don`t know if it was cabin fever or a cautionary case of cold conditions, but the weather did not stop 10 plus steel pickers plus 3 other musicians from having fun. I know at least 6 other steel players who did not come because of the record setting temperatures. This means that the next quarterly meeting, which will be April 15th, we will have a full house.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2018 6:00 am     Sam White

HI MANNY,JIM AND ALL THE RISGA STEEL PLAYERS. ANNA AND I VINNY AND PAT DOYAL WILL BE THERE FOR THE RISGA STEEL GUITAR MEETING AND JAM APRIL 15TH..I WILL BE BRINGING ALL MY PICTURES THAT JIM WANTS SOME ONE TO BRING AND I WILL BE BRINGING MY NEW FESSY STEEL MY DYNA LAP LAP STEEL AND MY DOBRO.THIS WILL BE A GREAT TIME AS I DO REAL GOOD ON ALL THREE INSTRUMENTS PLUS ALL THE PICTURES. I WILL LET EVERY ONE HAVE A PICTURE OR SO IF THEY WANT ANY.
SAM WHITE

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2018 5:44 am     Quarterly Meeting Date Change

The date of the next quarterly meeting originally scheduled for April 15th has been changed to April 29th.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2018 8:54 am     Sam White

HI MANNY YOU7 GUYS CHANGED THE SAME DATE THAT NESGA HAS THERE DATE FOR THE STEEL SHOW SO IT LOOKS LIK3 PAT AND VINNY AND ANNA AND I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COME.TO BAD I WAS PLANNING ON BRINGING ALL THE PICTURES AND ALSO MY LAP STEEL DOBRO AND MY STEEL.OH WELL THATS THE BREAKS.SORRY WE WILL NOT BE COMING AGAIN.SAM WHITE

Jim Rice

Post  Posted 15 Jan 2018 4:52 am    

Hi Sam, sorry about the date change but after we set the date for the next jam, we realized that it was the same day as the RI CMA awards and several of our members (including you and Anna) and friends would be at the CMA show. We thought it would be best to have a date when most people could be there.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2018 8:24 am     Sam White

HI JIM GUESS WE WILL HAVE TO MISS ANOTHER RHODE ISLAND STEEL GUITAR MEETING AND JAM. I ENJOY THE MEETINGS AND JAMS.WE JUST MISSED THE LAST TWO NESGA SHOWS BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER AS ANNA HAS TO BE CAREFUL WITH HE COLD AS SHE HAS HEART PROBLEMS PLUS C.O.P.D. AND HER LUNGS ARE NOT THAT GOOD.AS FOR ME I HAVE A PACE MAHER AND DEFIBULATOR BUT I DO ANYTHING I WANT AND HAVE NO PROBLRM. LIKE ANNA SAYS THEY CAN FIZ ME BUT THEY CAN NOT FIX HER.HOPEFULLY I WILL BE AT THE NEXT ONE. I REALLY WANTED TO MAK THIS ONE BUT I WILL HAVE TO WAIT IT OUT.SORRY.
SAM WHITE