The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Jch 9+7 Sold
Shawn Renoll

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2018 11:27 am    

I have an early JCH that I got from another forum member, the guitar was cleaned, gone over, and properly setup by Mickey Adams a while back. The member I got it from switch baited me on the deal, and sent me a guitar that was far, far from described. However after having it cleaned and properly setup, its a really nice steel. it originally belonged to Gene Watson's steel player... his name escapes me, Tiny Olsen maybe, I don't really remember haha. The guitar sounds amazing with the original BL705's the only thing it really could use is a new set of pedal rods, its absolutely sound and playable without, but Mickey suggested maybe I should. The person I got it from had a 2" lift kit rusted on. I guess maybe I'm saying too much, but just wanted to be upfront about it. Ill upload pics when I get home

Thanks

Last edited by Shawn Renoll on 10 Jan 2018 8:58 am; edited 3 times in total

scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2018 4:03 pm    

I'm totally interested. would love to see those pics!

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2018 8:16 pm     Jch Steel

Have wanted a JCH since I learned there was one. Knee high to a grasshopper, Laughing but I was still 6 foot then and the,grasshopper was so huge, Laughing
Laughing I would wish you LUCK with the,sale but at that price no luck is needed. CAA
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Gary Thorsen

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2018 10:41 pm     Jch

I want this guitar - ill take it! Please call in the morning Gary 541-294-9530 thanks

Bobby Traneskog

Sweden
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2018 12:34 am    

I'm Very interested !!

But can you ship to Sweden?

I guess you'll choose the easiest buyer, but if you want deal with shipping to Sweden i will buy it !!

// Bobby

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2018 1:33 pm    

2900???.....HOLY HECK YEAH BETTER JUMP ON THIS AXE.....wow
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2018 4:26 pm    

That sure looks like my old JCH. Jimmie built that guitar for me while I worked for Gene. I'm pretty sure he got it to me in early 1985. I used it on one of Gene's albums and two of his top-ten records. Also on the road. It was originally 2" taller than standard (all my guitars are) but it was not raised with a lift kit. The legs and rods were longer originally.

This was an early JCH. That mica was called Cherrywood. Those are probably the original 705s as well. Cool..!!

It had the "Crawford Cluster" minus the vert. lever. I lower Bs to Bb with front LKL... I have always had that change on that lever on all my guitars, just feels much more comfortable to me. It had an additional C6 LKR as well. Nine pedals. Seven levers, none were verticals.

I sold that horn to Bob Brocius around 1990. He lowered it to standard height and played it for over 10 yrs. then sold it. I believe it's had several owners since.

That horn has worked in 49 States, Canada and most of Europe. It never made it to Alaska with me (although earlier Emmons PPs did).

Good luck with your sale Shawn. Like Mickey said, at 2900, it should go quickly.

Chris "Tiny" Olson

Gary Thorsen

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2018 10:33 pm     Jch

Thanks Tiny, that's a great read - it's really interesting to read the history of this guitar. Which by the way, is headed my way! Woohoo!! Don't know if I'll be able to sleep 'til it gets here. I like the Bs in the same place. Hope it's okay if I give you a ring sometime. My number is listed above and I do text. Which records did you play it on?

Shawn Renoll

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2018 8:57 am    

OK guys, Ive had LOTS of inquiries about this guitar, PM's and emails I've replied to some who were in the beginning, and in fairness its been sold in order of interest, some have offered me quite a bit more to move to the head of the line. My price was 2900 and I'm a man of my word and sold it as such. I'd like to thank everyone who showed interest.

Tiny this was you're guitar, we've spoke about it when I first got it and also enjoyed hearing the history on it, there are several videos on youtube with you playing with Gene Watson.

Thanks to all.

In a few days ill be putting up a legrande 3, wood body aluminum necks if anyones has interest in that.

please close

Michael J Thomas

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2018 10:51 am     Now that this one sold I have one just like it I would sell

I do have one just like it. Was waiting for this one to sell before posting it on here. But since its now sold Pm me if you're interested in a very clean 92 jch D10

Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2018 2:22 pm    

Hey Shawn: Congrats on the sale. I remember that we talked after you had gotten that horn. Hope you're well.

Gary: Congrats to you on your purchase. Glad to hear it's going to you and that you're cranked-up on getting it. You can PM me and I'll get my ph. # to you. It'd be cool to talk to you. I have no idea of how the knee levers are set up now. When Jimmie built it for me it most definitely had that B-Bb change on the front LKL. I can give you more details on the original setup when we talk. Bob Brocius, who got it from me changed it over to a "Day" setup.

I recorded the entire album with Gene of "Stating New Memories" with that JCH. The hits that came off that album were, "Everything I Used to Do", "Bottle of Tears" and the title cut.

Best to you both.

Chris "Tiny" Olson

Tavis Anderson

Rush City, Minnesota
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2018 7:56 pm    

Wow. Now I want to cry. I knew I should have checked in on Monday.
Congratulations on buying that amazing piece of history!

(Especially on Tiny's JCH)

WOW!!!!