INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Back from SWSGA - The SGF Store is Now Open
for Business at SteelGuitarShopper.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Powder coated bars- new color John Deere green
Rick Aiello

Berryville, VA USA
Post Posted 19 Nov 2017 5:16 am     Reply with quote

I love the taper 2 3/4 ...

I measured my old red rajah tapered ( I have 3) vs yours ... Yours tapers more and I really like that.

The Butterscotch is my go to bar now ... Mucho Mahalos
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post Posted 19 Nov 2017 10:20 am     Thanks Rick, Reply with quote

Thanks, Rick, I appreciate the feedback, and always like to hear that a particular bar works well for you-let me know if you need anything else. I will be out of the shop for 9 days, Monday 11/20, returning Weds 11/29, for a bit of Thanksgiving vacation with friends and family members.
G & L Bass, Fender fretless Jazz Bass, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, Gretch White Falcon, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Benoit 8 string, converted to 6 string resophonic, Martin Soprano Uke, Asher Electro Hawaiian with Koa top, two -1954 Fender Professional Dual Sixes, in the hands of a rank amateur, 1972 Dobro model 66, Peavy Basic 60, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, and a Fender Hotrod Deluxe.
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post Posted 20 Dec 2017 7:53 am     Merry Christmas to All....link to our 2017 video Xmas card Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone on the Forum who supports our powder coated bar project; sending our warmest Christmas wishes from snowy Idaho via our video Christmas card:

https://youtu.be/FFJhUuczOvU
G & L Bass, Fender fretless Jazz Bass, Martin D-18, Taylor 812CE, Gretch White Falcon, 1944 Epiphone Zenith, a killer Luttrell 6 string resophonic, 1932 Model 56 Dobro, Beard Model E, Benoit 8 string, converted to 6 string resophonic, Martin Soprano Uke, Asher Electro Hawaiian with Koa top, two -1954 Fender Professional Dual Sixes, in the hands of a rank amateur, 1972 Dobro model 66, Peavy Basic 60, Peavey Nashville 112, Fender Bassman, and a Fender Hotrod Deluxe.
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi USA
Post Posted 20 Dec 2017 8:32 am     bars Reply with quote

Got any white left? Thanks.
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post Posted 20 Dec 2017 8:46 am     I do have white bars, Reply with quote

Hello Billy, I do have white bars, are you looking for standard or some other size?
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi USA
Post Posted 20 Dec 2017 10:39 am     bars Reply with quote

Standard size for 10 string. I'll get back with you next week and place an order. Thanks.
Tim Harr

Dunlap, Illinois
Post Posted 7 Jan 2018 1:02 pm     Reply with quote

If you had one in Caterpillar yellow, I'd be interested.

I know the actual R,G,B formula for the specific shade of yellow. Email to discuss, if you like.

Thanks!
Tim

Retired US Army Band (Pedal Steel/Dobro/Guitar)
Michael Hillman

Boise, Idaho, USA
Post Posted 7 Jan 2018 3:09 pm     Thanks for the idea, Tim, Reply with quote

Thanks Tim, I’ve done one batch of yellow bars, and I don’t have many left, I’ll see if Caterpillar Yellow is available..I know it’s easy to formulate in paint from formula, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it already available from a specialty powder coating supplier. I’ll check tomorrow.
Bob Bestor

Oregon, USA
Post Posted 8 Jan 2018 7:30 pm     Great bars and great service! Reply with quote

I just got a few bars from Michael Hillman and like them a whole lot. They are very smooth and they sound great, especially on my high strings.

And on top of it Michael is very quick to help with any questions and also very quick to ship his product out. Nice guy. Check him out!