The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mechanics question!!
Eric Denmark

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2018 1:12 pm    

Anybody got any idea about how much it would cost to have a pull put on my RKL lever that would allow me to raise the 2nd string up from Eb to E?
Proud owner of-- '72 Fender Twin Reverb... Black Derby D-10..."Butterball" (my butterscotch blonde 52 hot rod tele-- my favorite guitar EVER)... Anderson "Nashville" T-Model... Lanikai ukulele... and Kawai EP2 keyboard

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2018 1:47 pm    

What kind of guitar??.. If its going to be put on an existing lever thats already functional, all you really need is 1 bellcrank, a pull rod, and a nylon.. A lot depends on what type of guitar, but for most, that one pull onto an existing lever shouldn't cost much more than $25- maybe $35, IF you do it yourself.. If you need someone to do it, figure parts, and maybe an hour labor, again a LOT depends on the brand.. I have had steels where I could do the pull change, and have it tuned and playing perfectly within 10 minutes.. However, on my old Marlen, that same job requires removing the aluminum frame under the guitar, and is a tedious job. It all depends on whet we are working on.. It would cost a LOT more than the total parts and labor to ship it off to someone and have it done. You really should explain what type of guitar you have, and if you plan on doing it yourself.. A much better and more complete answer could then be given to you.... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2018 4:00 pm    

Quote:
Proud owner of Teal Blue Derby SD-10

If you already have a functioning knee-lever, perhaps put out a request for an additional pull train for a Derby. Someone on the Forum may have the parts.