The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  60's Silvertone 6x10 spkr. cab w/Jensen C10Q's [close]
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2018 1:38 pm    

60's Silvertone 6x10 speaker cabinet loaded with vintage original Jensen C10Q ceramic speakers. Date codes them to 1966. No issues, but sold as, where is. Total impedance as wired specs @ 6.6Ω. [I only measured one speaker which spec'd out to app. 7.7 ohms, so 8 ohms ea. speaker judging by that.]

These are original Chicago built 60's issue. Not current reissue.

Some fraying and warping of the grille, tolex covering in decent shape with the average nicks, scuffs and small lifts.

Too big and bulky to ship, so requires local pickup or can deliver to a neutral site in the area within reasonable distance with a fuel allowance added dependent upon circumstances and weather at my convenience as health allows.

Contact by forum PM.

This is the one that Jack White likes.

I play it sometimes with my old 1482 amp and it sounds good. I just don't need that much sound and it's a little cumbersome to haul out anywhere. I just basically need the money, otherwise, I'd keep it.

The amp head is a 2 channel SS 150 solid state model 1465. The jewel lights and I hear some hiss but it doesn't pass any signal. Ths is the 1465 SS that stowed in the back of the cabinet.
I'll toss it in with the cabinet for free. May or may not be repairable. I don't want to mess with it and it's in my way.

Ad subject to closure, withdrawal at any time.

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 27 Jan 2018 7:36 pm; edited 10 times in total

Michael Butler

California, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2018 2:13 pm    

jerry: if that bulky cabinet doesn't sell, i'd be interested in a couple of the speakers for one of my gibson amps.
thanks,
mikeB

play music!

http://muscmp.wordpress.com/

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2018 2:18 pm    

I'll keep that in mind Michael, but I want to sell it all as one unit at present.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2018 4:18 pm    

I have something in the works pending, so on hold for now. Will confirm when deal is closed.

John Neff

Athens, GA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2018 7:10 pm    

I'd buy one speaker as well.

Chris Walke

St Charles, IL
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2018 8:17 am    

Wow! My uncle gave me 2 Silvertone amps that he used to play thru with his bands back in the day: The tube 1484 Twin Twelve, and the little brother (well, fewer speakers anyway) of your amp there, the solid state 1464 Twin Twelve. Cool amps. Mine still have the Chicago-made Jensen speakers.