The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The Paul Franklin Method, Incredible!
Jeremy Moyers

Lubbock, TX
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2018 11:26 am    

Hey all, I'm not sure where I should post this exactly, but I wanted to let you know that I signed up for the Paul Franklin Method this morning and am blown away. There is so much invaluable information on the site already and from what I understand they will be constantly adding more videos. Such a great resource for beginners and pros! Wish I would have had access to this info when I was just learning...

I was lucky and had the opportunity to move to Nashville to play with Lonestar when I had just turned 21. The guys always invited me to go to the studio and hang out while they recorded their new records, which Paul or Bruce Bouton typically played on. Paul was always an open book and answered any questions that I had, about anything from how he played particular licks, to tones and gear, to advice on making it as a session player. I learned so much from him during those days. Now to have access to a site like this is pretty remarkable. Thanks for making this available to all of us Paul!

Jeremy

Michael Meader

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2018 1:11 pm    

Hi Jeremy, are there any work books, tabs, or hard copy literature that comes with the course if you sign up? thanks, Mike

Franklin

Post  Posted 1 Jan 2018 9:29 pm    

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for signing up. And thanks doesn't say enough towards how my heart feels hearing this from a player of your stature.... I am humbled by your comments. And you are right, there are more videos on the way...

Michael,
Yes, There are pdf tabs to view...Also there are written studies of theory, picking exercises, and much more...You also get this subscription on all of your devices as well as the home computer. You can take it anywhere you go for study. All you need when you travel to continue your studies is a smart phone, a laptop, or an iPad and wifi.....

Happy New Year!
Paul

Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2018 10:12 pm    

How long is the special introductory rate in effect?

Ken Boi

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 7:12 am    

Paul Sutherland wrote:
How long is the special introductory rate in effect?

I couldn't find anything about a special introductory rate, nor any cost at all. I did sign-up though for email notifications.

Landon Evans

The Republic of Texas
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 7:57 am    

I just signed up for the email list.

At least from what I'm seeing, it doesn't appear the course is actually active yet. Got this message after confirming my email address:

"Thanks for Subscribing to our Update List!
You’ll be hearing from us as we get closer to the official enrollment date.
In the meantime, enjoy this full Lesson from the Course!"

Hopefully this is what I need to progress from knowing half of four licks and being completely bewildered by the operation and theory behind the instrument. I'm 24; purchased my pedal steel last Thanksgiving and after hitting it hard for about three months, I shelved it until about this Thanksgiving (I think it's something in the cold weather that really makes me want to play pedal steel!)

Hopefully this time I'll be able to really latch on to some concepts that keep me learning and progressing. As I suspected when I began PSG, it's not the physical actions I'm limited by, but my brains grasp of musical concepts. I'm excited to see what this new resource has to offer!

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 8:21 am    

Hi Paul-

The introductory rate of $475 is going to continue through January. We want everyone that hears about it to be able to take advantage of the discounted rate.

Ken and Landon-

Here is the link to the sign-up with much more info on the course: PFM Sign-up Page

The Course is $575 regularly and on sale for $475, which gives you one year of access.

John
The Paul Franklin Method Team

Last edited by John Spaulding on 5 Jan 2018 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Landon Evans

The Republic of Texas
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 8:32 am    

Thanks John. That's a big investment, but if it gets me where I want to be on PSG, then it would definitely be worth it. I'm going to do some more thinking on it; I appreciate the info.

Jeremy Moyers

Lubbock, TX
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 10:07 am    

Hey Landon,

It is an investment, but I can promise you that the content in these lessons will shorten your learning curve dramatically. It would have saved me years if I had had access to this material when I was learning to play. Even for me, who's been playing 25 years now, it's a great refresher course on some of the more basic topics, and the pro level material is second to none. Well worth my money I promise!

Jeremy

Jason Lynch

Essex, United Kingdom
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 10:38 am    

Signed up this morning and took the three payment option. lets see if this gives me the boost i need to master this thing and not feel lost.

From across the pond!

Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 4:33 pm    

There's something for everyone in this course from an absolute beginner to seasoned pro. You get to absorb the material at your own pace, it's very well recorded with great video shots of string groups, pedals, frets etc. tuning is broken down & explained on both the E9 & C6 necks, licks are played taught note by note, styles are explored, the Franklin pedal & knee lever is offered and demonstrated as are all pedals & knees for both necks. All styles from country, swing, jazz & pop music are investigated at length with more to keep anyone busy for months already available & much more to come.You can write notes for review or offer suggestions or questions to Paul. You can review these lessons as much as you want the entire time period of your subscription. Truthfully this amounts to about $10.00 per lesson, try that at your local music store! This is an in depth, thought provoking study of pedal steel techniques which will enhance anyone's ability no matter what level you think you're on regarding the instrument. Thanks Paul for offering your time, patience, musicianship toward the continued growth and advancement of pedal steel.....way to carry the torch!

Jeremy Moyers

Lubbock, TX
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 4:35 pm    

Nicely said Mike! Hope you're doing well brother! Been a long time!

Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 4:49 pm    

Thanks Jeremy, it's been so long I'm learning how to play all over again. You started this ball rolling so I'm just echoing your thoughts. This continues what Jeff Newman began years ago, modernizes the approach & content, pays homage to Buddy, Lloyd, Papa John, Doug Jernigan and all the masters..it should come with a chin strap so you don't hurt your jaw on the fretboard!...lol!

Ray Mangrum

Nashville, TN.
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2018 6:47 am     Paul Franklin Team

Thanks guys for such a wonderful job. I want to publicly THANK the team for the incredible support in getting through some issues. Almost any start-up will have it's moments, but these guys took care of it, no fuss, no hassle. Don't know if it was on my end or theirs, but they never questioned anything, they just fixed it. So if you are considering this project, I can tell you my experiences so far have been Excellent. Ray

Hugo Knef

Vallejo , California
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2018 8:27 am    

After learning and messing with this psg for about a year now,this course is perfect!
After just one day of videos I have learned so much. So stoked to go forward on the psg with this course in my back pocket. thank you Paul and the team.

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2018 11:53 am    

To me it looks like the greatest bargain ever offered in PSG instruction. Even better than the free stuff you find on the internet!

Bob Blair

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2018 3:06 pm    

I signed up and spent some time last night going through some lessons. Great stuff for players of any level. To have this kind of access to the way Paul thinks about stuff is priceless.

Kristen Bruno

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2018 5:34 pm    

How would this apply to a 12 string E9/B6 Universal?
The first 8 strings are the same as my E9 ten string.

Thanks
K

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2018 6:03 pm    

From the FAQs:

Q: Will this Course work if I am using the Universal U-12 tuning?
A: Yes. All that's required is that you understand how to get the "Country" 9th sound and the "Swing/Jazz" 6th sound out of your tuning (e.g. using the Jeff Newman E9/B6 tuning) using your own pedal setup.

Craig Bailey

Post  Posted 5 Jan 2018 5:23 am    

Anyone have any updates to share from the PFM course?

Craig

Kristen Bruno

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2018 10:10 am    

When will course start?

Thanks
K

John Spaulding

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2018 10:14 am    

Kristen Bruno wrote:
When will course start?

Thanks
K

The Course launched on January 1: Sign-up Page

Click the link above for details!

Thanks,

John

The Paul Franklin Method Team

Last edited by John Spaulding on 5 Jan 2018 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2018 10:52 am    

Doug Earnest wrote:
To me it looks like the greatest bargain ever offered in PSG instruction. Even better than the free stuff you find on the internet!

Bi-weekly private guitar lessons with Fred Treece (who???): $720 per year.
Streaming video lessons every day with Paul Franklin: $475 per year.

Duh, hmm.... Along with your instruments, Doug, yep - one of the best bargains of any kind on the planet.

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2018 3:58 pm    

All I know is the test drive left me wanting to see more... that's a sure sign Paul and his investors and team did a great job.....

I will be signing up as soon as I have the funds......I just made a few upgrades to my psg so it will he a week Or 2, but if you do the math, it's more cost efficient than a biweekly lesson.....and it's with PAUL FREAKING FRANKLIN JR!!!!!
I'M IN FOR SURE!
To top it off, I won't have to leave the house and drive 1 hour each way like I was!

Michael Meader

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2018 7:45 am    

If I sell one of my silly 6 string guitars this weekend, I think I might just sign up...been working from the Winnie Winston book, and that has been good, but would really like to feel like I'm getting taught some lessons from an actual player/instructor/pro that I can watch during the lesson.