The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  HNY... 'Bock to Bock'
Guy Cundell

More idle ramblings from South Australia
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2017 11:22 pm    

Happy New Year, Froods. Wishing all a strong and vibrant year, riding a wave or just keeping the head above water.

Here is an arrangement I’ve just finished that some may enjoy. It is in the original key so you can play to the recording. I have included an arrangement that you can give to a bass player or a band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3faH74Sba4

Yes, it is in A6 but it is a simple matter to come across from C6. Cs up to C# and Gs down to F#.

Email for PDFs, as usual.

Last edited by Guy Cundell on 4 Jan 2018 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mike A Holland

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2018 4:20 am    

Guy, thanks for the arrangement. I will have a look at this a little later when I retune my guitar(yet again). Just like to say I appreciate your contributions. This forum is lucky to have you! Mike

Guy Cundell

More idle ramblings from South Australia
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2018 9:11 pm    

Cheers, Mike. Actually, the retuning thing is not such a big deal if you don’t have to restring. If my missus knew how easy it is, it would blow my cover with regards to guitar buying.

I think b0b has a chart up somewhere here of different tunings possible from the same string set, including A6 and C6.

Mike A Holland

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2018 3:54 am    

It is no big deal to retune from C6 to A6. But for some reason I will tend to leave it in the tuning I have on the guitar.........I think I must be getting lazy!!!!!

Andy Volk

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2018 5:44 am    

Challenging stuff, Guy! Very well executed and thought out. Wes has always been at the top of my list. Starting with baby steps, I arranged 'Bumpin' on Sunset last year.

Wally Pfeifer

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2018 7:54 am     Guy

Very Happy Yes,- I agree,- Guy is a great contributor to the music we all love. Guy was quite "instrumental" in donating 72+ Cumquat CDs to the Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU)
Museum of Popular Music. Mahalo, Guy.
Wally Smile Cool

Nic Neufeld

Kansas City, Missouri
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2018 10:46 am    

Guy Cundell wrote:
Actually, the retuning thing is not such a big deal if you don’t have to restring. If my missus knew how easy it is, it would blow my cover with regards to guitar buying.

SHHHH DON'T LET HER HEAR

I have a C13, B11, and A6 neck (all easy to retune to each other) on my T8 Stringmaster. Do I really need three separate necks? "Of course dear, for different tunings..."

A6 is a recent favorite of mine. I kept considering the advantages of C6 with high G, but I didn't want to shift my 6-string to something that I couldn't easily retune to B11. A6 gives you the advantages of the high fifth with the same gauges as regular C6 and B11.