The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lessons...
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2017 8:37 pm    

Some folks have written to me recently about taking lessons, either in person or via Skype but I've lost track of a few of the emails before I could respond.

So, if you reached out to me about taking lessons and haven't heard back from me, please email or PM me through the links below this post.

Thank you.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2017 2:24 pm    

Anywhere in Pennsylvania then Phila., I was stationed at Valley Forge General Hospital, and Phila. was the only place you never went. I would really like to take lessons one on one.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2017 2:30 pm    

I don't actually live in the city of Philadelphia. I live in one of the northern suburbs, called Elkins Park. Check it out on a map to see if it works for you.

Jim Fogarty

Phila, Pa, USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2017 2:54 pm    

Jim Reynolds wrote:
Anywhere in Pennsylvania then Phila., I was stationed at Valley Forge General Hospital, and Phila. was the only place you never went

Nonsense. Philadelphia is a beautiful, safe, wonderful city. I don't know when you were here, but don't believe the BS. Rolling Eyes

Anyway......Jim Cohen is a wonderful player and teacher. Highly recommended.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2017 4:53 pm    

I was there from 1959 to 1963. I don't believe BS, but I do when I see the results, and I see a lot of it during my time there.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2017 4:59 pm    

Jim Cohen, I'll check the map, and see where your at. Not sure what it might take to get me straighten out. I know quite a bit on the steel, I just don't know how to apply it against a singer. If you know what I mean. I am just stuck on tab, and lost without it. I have a sister, who lives in Elizabethtown, PA, near Harrisburg. Your close enough I could do a week or so if needed.