The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sold, please close-- RAY WALKER 4/5, SD10 Custom
Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2017 10:30 am    

First time on open market to Forum members only. RAY WALKER USTOM SD10 4/5, with a few Sho-Bud parts (see forum write up, under Ray Walker of Jan 6th, 2007), for the story of the build. Custom lacquer body,, blonde birdseye with Australian leopard wood in medium brown -quite the looker. Completely machined undercarriage (see Finis spider listing for pics of undercarriage). Due to Medical problems, it will take a little while before I can post pics of it set up. I can text pics of body to those that r truly interested. The price for this great steel is Steal -$1900.00 plus shipping. This steel should sell for $2400.00 plus shipping.
I am hoping that those that have played or owned a Ray Walker steel will chime in as to its quality sound etc.PRICE REDUCEDED TO $1850. plus shipping Whoa! .
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Last edited by Art Beard on 29 Jan 2018 6:43 am; edited 8 times in total

Art Beard

Post  Posted 6 Dec 2017 10:43 am     RAY WALKER custom SD10 4/5

It truly hurts to sell the fine steel. But I need to sell, doe to other purchases, and my lawyer wanting more money. lol. This is a smooth playing, beautiful 4/5, with the Franklin change on pedal 4. Emmons set up with b to b flat on vertical. I don't know how to make changes. So that will be up to the lucky buyer. Please any typing errors, and word weirdness as it me or my stupid phones best work, lol.
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 6 Dec 2017 11:00 am     RAY WALKER custom SD10 4/5

Those that have played one of these steels, know how GREAT they truly are. RAY and Jack Palmer on N.C. did such great work. Hurry as those the know these guitars know how GREAT they are. If they have the need and the money, it will go fast. I know I missed some great steel guitars over the years by not following my instinces while fugurinh it out in my mind. Those with questions, please p.m. me and I will answer with complete honesty and to the best of my ability. I am not a Steel expert, but am a Steel lover. This steel has the MODERN SOUND.
I am a tone chaser,, the loves the sound of the early Sho-Buds, ZB's of tears gone by. While loving the sound and playability of this steel I am steel and room poor. Only so many steels can fit in a 5th wheel, (good thing wife divorced me). And I regretfully must sell 1 of the 4.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 6 Dec 2017 9:16 pm     RAY WALKER custom SD10 4/5

Hope to have pics up in a day or to, til then text me at 928 308 1392. And I can text pics of body. Thanks Art

Mark Shuda

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2017 4:38 pm     Art's pics

[img]
[/img][img]

[/img]

Art Beard

Post  Posted 7 Dec 2017 5:43 pm     RAY WALKER custom SD10 4/5

Thanks Mark, you are a great friend. Thus guitar has split cases in good to great shape, steel or cases have been in 5th Wheel the whole time I have owned, only exposed to smoke in last 6 months, and put in cases 4 months,ago. Exposed approx 2 months, in bedroom, smoke in living room.

Bobby Overfelt

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2017 7:32 pm     Sho bud

Wow that is nice

Art Beard

Post  Posted 7 Dec 2017 8:23 pm     RAY WALKER custom SD10 4/5

Thanks Bobby, it with a lot of regret that I out it up for sale. Been with me ten years and I miss Ray as a friend, Don t think he ever met a,stranger, lol. But lawyer now needs the money I recently spent. Her estimate is already way off.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 9 Dec 2017 10:03 pm     Steal Of A Steel Ray Walker 4/5

TTT

Bobby Overfelt

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 12:53 pm     Steel guitar

Hey art that’s the kind of guitar I wanna play when I grow up ha ha

Art Beard

Post  Posted 11 Dec 2017 3:08 pm     Ray Walker custom steel guitar

Ha ha, me 2 Bobby, just don't know if I 'll ever grow up. Laughing CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 12 Dec 2017 1:51 pm     Ray Walker custom steel guitar

A 4/5 of thus quality and lacquer beauty us difficult to find. Hope to have set up pics on by this weekend. Thanks for looking, and I know how tight money is this time of year. Lol

Art Beard

Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 6:02 am     Ray Walker Sd10

Sadly, lawyer wants more money, lol. PRICE REDUCED TOA VERY LOW $1850.00 plus shipping

Art Beard

Post  Posted 16 Dec 2017 10:29 pm     Ray Walker Sd10

ttt, Thanks to all who have messaged me about this steel, especially those that got a chance to play it before Ray sold it to me. CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 20 Dec 2017 10:29 am     Ray Walker steel guitars

Under my ownership, this steel has never been taken out of my 5th wheel that I live in full time. My ex didn't like that I blocked one of her 3 closer doors with my Sho-Bud amp. lol. CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 21 Dec 2017 5:15 am     RAY WALKER custom SD10 4/5

STILL TIME TO STEAL A STEEL FOR XMAS. If you are close to Arizona, there is time to have this beauty for Xmas. I plan to ship Fedex Fragile Ground due to having excellent service from them in the 2 steels I have purchased. Tone chasing, do love 68-73 tones.
CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 23 Dec 2017 4:02 am     Ray Walker 4/5 Custom Steel

Ttt

Art Beard

Post  Posted 23 Dec 2017 4:03 am     Ray Walker 4/5 Custom Steel

Ttt

Michael Meader

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2017 8:32 am    

sent ya a PM, Art.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 25 Dec 2017 7:09 am     Ray Walker 4/5 Custom Steel

Thanks for the interest, Michael. Gald ee got to talk. CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 26 Dec 2017 12:50 pm     RAY WALKER SD10 4/5 Emmons set up

Fed-Ex will open Tuesday and I will get shipping costs for those that requested. Flaky wifi and the a" is going out on key board, lol add that to my poor spelling and too fast of typing/texting, i am sorry for that, CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 28 Dec 2017 10:32 pm     RAY WALKER SD10 4/5 Emmons set up

If I have missed anyone, or have not answered your question. Please p.m. me as I am having email, wifi and phone reception problems. I AM ELECTRONICALLY CHALLENGED AND CURSED. Whoa! Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Muttering
CAA

Art Beard

Post  Posted 1 Jan 2018 4:24 am    

Rolling Eyes HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. I should start an auction between the three of the buyers that are considering this steel. But its 1st with the money gets,this fine steel. Buy back offer, expires on JAN 5TH. Better hurry!!
CRAZY ARIZONA. ART

makes me feel like MAD MAN MUNTZ.
For those who remember him, lol Laughing Whoa! Muttering Mr. Green

Bobby Overfelt

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2018 12:19 pm     Hi art

That is a great deal some one will grab it up

Bobby Overfelt

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2018 3:34 pm     Art

Art how much is the postage