The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  what are they worth??? b0b please close
Mark Perrodin

Tucson Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2017 5:27 pm    

i visited my uncle harvey today and he told me he hasn't touched his pedal steel guitars in quite a while and would like to sell them. what are they worth? he is open to offers and anything sold through this forum will get a donation forwarded to the forum. the three guitars are a sho-bud maverick, a rus-ler and a sho-bud the professional. the professional has a crack in the cabinet near the bridge. it appears stock with 8 pedals and 2 knee levers. the maple is very pretty and the pedal train is rack and barrel. have a look at the pics and let me know what you think. the next guitar is a rus-ler with 3 pedals and 1 knee lever. it has a crinkle paint finish and really cool graphics on the finger board. this guitar exhibits excellent build quality and is just a really cool piece. please look at the pics to get an idea of it's condition. i think it looks great in person. the last pedal guitar he has is a sho-bud maverick. it is a 3 pedal, 1 knee lever guitar and appears to be in excellent condition. all three guitars need to be cleaned and restrung. my uncle also has dozens of lap steels that he will eventually go through and sell. please look at the pics and let me know what you think. offers are welcome and a donation to the steel guitar forum will be made if anything sells. these might be re-posted separately if a value can be established. thank you for looking. buyer pays shipping which will be calculated based on buyers location.

Last edited by Mark Perrodin on 14 Dec 2017 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2017 7:39 pm     Professional

You might get a hold of Jeff at Show-PRO and explain the problem to him. The undercarriage appears to need,a good cleaning. A total rebuild might be best as these and the early Pro It's were the steels that gained Sho-Bud the "TONE TO THE BONE"reputation. Worth the rebuild costs. Good luck
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Mark Perrodin

Tucson Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 8:16 pm     what're they worth?

b0b please close. not for sale at this time.