The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sho-Bud S10 1972
Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2017 11:17 pm    

I'm helping a buddy sell an S10 Sho Bud. All original with tapped single coil. Even has the original A-B pots. Rack and barrel 3 pedals and one lever. I can bring it over to Ricky Davis if you want him to add a couple levers. I haven't been able to find any dings or flaws in the finish. It's a beauty and has a great tone. Real strong and clear. With the coil tap engaged it has that classic Bud sound.

Asking $1300 plus actual shipping costs.

I'll add pictures to this thread as I get to it. Thanks, Bob

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2017 6:34 pm    

OMG; that is what they called the Single-10 Professional. It's round front, single/single, barrel tuning....best playing and sound ShoBud ever had.
On the ledge is where they started the "coil tap" idea..and so that is Coil Tap and Volume and a switch to select which one. And if you wanted to bypass those and take those two Pots out...those are the original Allen Bradley Type J 500K pots; BEST pot ever made for a volume pedal and good luck trying to find one on ebay at all..or if you do; some where in the waaaaay over priced range..ha....and btw that is what is in my original ShoBud volume pedal 40 years old and never been changed.
What a monster steel for a S-10; it will blow ANY modern made pedal steel right off the stage....
Ricky

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2017 10:13 pm     1972 Sho-Bud 6139

Bob its a beauty, ! ! I have its twin, I hope. #2748 hope its as clean, Looked good in photos, n I jumped on like a dog on a bone. Ricky is going to add 3 knees in Jan. Might be a keeper 4 you. I' wanted that TONE for yrs now.. Good luck with sale
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Dave Simonis

Stevens Point, WI USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 6:19 am    

Bob, any pics of the entire guitar? All of the pics leave out some - can't get a feel for the whole thing. Thanks.

Fiddle: Zeta, Arthur Conner, many others.../Steel: GFI SD-10 Ultra.../Mandolin: Breedlove.../Guitar: Gibson, Fender, Taylor.../Amps: Peavey NV112, Evans FET 500.../Others: Hilton, Goodrich, Stereo Steel, Pendulum Pre-amp...

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 6:43 am    

I had the identical guitar as my #2 back in the late 70's..what a great steel !!

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 8:34 am     Morepictures

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 8:45 am     case

It is a pretty much an under the bed guitar. I haven't found any wear from use. Just some age tarnishing here and there that you can see in the pictures.

Mark Shuda

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 9:37 am     Shazammm

Nicest S-10 6139 I have EVER seen. Yes from all appearances looks to be ALL ORIGINAL!

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 12:12 pm     I'm Interested

Bob: I sent a p.m. to Ricky, to see what he might charge me to add four knee levers. So, I'm waiting to hear from him. Thanks, Tommy.....

Art Beard

Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 12:35 pm     Magnificent Sho-Bud 6139

Jump on it Tommy, other wise, if ex-wife settles divorce with me, it will be mine ! ! Crazy Arizona Art
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 12:36 pm    

Even the case looks dead mint!

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 6:38 pm    

There is a pending sale. Local guy coming over tomorrow. I’ll post if the sale is final tomorrow afternoon.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 7:50 pm     Sho-Bud

I knew it wouldn't last long. lol I jumped on mine in a matter of hours, it's such a long time waiting 4 day break th get the response to "I'll take it". Laughing

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2017 1:05 pm    

The steel is still for sale. There are a couple people that say they want it. But who knows ? So if you are interested get in touch.

Thanks, Bob

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2017 1:26 pm     S-10 Sho-Bud

Bob: If you can get Ricky to add some knees, I want it, but I'd like to hear from him first. Thanks, Tommy.....

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2017 1:37 pm    

Guitar is sold. Donation on the way to the forum.