The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  still looking for rodding chart
John Roche

England
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2017 10:54 am    

Hi Jason, thanks for your offer but I'm living in Spain. I never had a problem with any other guitar before, it's rather a complicated setup ,E9th B6th 8 pedals 5 knee levers, 33 pulls..
unless you get everything installed correctly the guitar will be less them ideal to play. I've been playing steel for 45 years and made four steel in my early days . unfortunately I had major surgery two years ago for a triple AAA leaving me as a result of the operation with half a kidney , all my muscle's in my belly were cut to get to where the repair took place.. so lifting the guitar in and out of the case to work on it is very difficult to do..
so I'm going to wait for MSA to send me a rodding chart, then I only have to lift it once or twice..
thanks again..

Bob Moore

N. Rose, New York
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2017 5:26 pm    

Send a message to Lynn Stafford. I got a beautiful that he redid and it was a MSA. Bob M

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 1:26 am    

Thanks to Mitchell at MSA for sorting out my problems , I now have a chart for my guitar... great service from them... hopefully I will get it sorted out this week...

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2017 2:57 am    

well I've done it, this guitar plays like butter, cab drop almost nil, I like to thank Mitchell at MSA for his help and doing a rodding chart, I had to work around a few problems .. I cannot believe how good the Legend is, glad I persisted to get it back to factory spec, its wonderful... and thanks to everyone who posted on the problem... thanks again

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2017 5:45 am    

John, glad you got it sorted out, Mitchell is the best, always helped me 100% plus.Superb player and steel builder and even better a great guy.
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.

Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2017 5:46 am    

John, glad you got it sorted out, Mitchell is the best, always helped me 100% plus.Superb player and steel builder and even better a great guy.
MSA Millenium SD10, GK MB200, Sica 12inch cab, Joyo American Sound Pedal/ Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, Telonics 15inch in Peavey cab, Digitech RP150, Peterson tuner.Hilton volume pedal.Scott Dixon seat and guitar flight case.

David Neslony

Arlington, TX USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2023 7:24 pm     Rodding Chart

Here's what I have for a rodding chart.

David Neslony

David Neslony

Arlington, TX USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2023 7:53 pm    

Edward Rhea wrote:
https://www.steelguitar.com/roddingS12.html
This I found in a “search”...it’s not necessarily for any one brand of steel per say, but I’m hoping it will help you? Best to you!

Edward, this may help to understand it.

David Neslony