The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  2000 CF Martin HD-28 Sold off forum Pls Close
Ben Elder

La Crescenta, California, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2017 12:09 am    

No need to worry about the first ding: this 17-year-old (s/n 743###) has been well played in its time. It plays and sounds fine but has some small visible dings and finish crazing. It has a professionally repaired seam split on the top below the bridge.

My luthier says frets 1-7 were replaced at one time and he reglued loose binding at the waist. It's all set up and adjusted and will come in an Asian trapezoidal hard-foam case.* I have this listed for a higher price on Reverb, but for Forum members, $1500 + actual shipping from 91214. I don't have an account with any shipper, so I pay the retail price for shipping. I find the post office is the most affordable. Any shipper will nowadays use dimensional--rather than actual--weight. This may run around $100 to the east side of the country. Local pickup is also possible and probably preferred.

*--I could also put this in a Guild hsc that needs re-lining if buyer prefers.

Email contact is best.

Sold of forum. Please close

Last edited by Ben Elder on 20 Feb 2018 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 11:00 am     Seasoned MARTIN

Just broke in, lol. You might give the relatively new "FedEx fragile ground" shipping a try. I have received 2 steel and a resonator, all shopped this way. No crush marks or marks of any kind on the boxes. Probably costs more but is worth the peace of mind.
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Keith Davis

Austin, Tx.
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2018 11:12 am    

Interested. Sent you a PM