The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Auto chord six string by overfelt
Bobby Overfelt

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2017 3:11 pm    

This is my new guitar,it’s not a regular steel guitar but it is a regular guitar with with pedals the tuning is ebgdae. It is a great guitar for people with hand problems such as arthritis.it is also great for people that have trouble learning the standard guitar,because it is super easy to play using chords.it is great for strumming, picking patterns and als,o slide guitar. Please check out my you tube video by clicking link below. 695.00 plus 65.00 shipping usa

https://youtu.be/ACwQyeq4k1w

Please check my you tube video

Last edited by Bobby Overfelt on 3 Dec 2017 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2017 10:04 pm     Guitar

Great idea, If you have never played guitar you can play this guitar.

Bobby Overfelt

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2017 10:49 pm     Auto chord

Yes u can it took me a year to learn a small amount of chords on a regular guitar now I can get many chords I could never get on this one just by laying a slide bare on a line. Thanks Jimmie

Jeff Mead

London, England
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 2:34 am    

Why not simplify it and start off with an open E major chord and use one pedal to lower the G# to G for the minor and another pedal to lower one of the Es to D for the 7th?

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 6:07 am     Best idea

Jeff Mead wrote:
Why not simplify it and start off with an open E major chord and use one pedal to lower the G# to G for the minor and another pedal to lower one of the Es to D for the 7th?

Did you watch the video? It is easy to understand how to play the guitar the way it is setup.
And it works all the way up and down the neck.

J.D.White

Lafayette, Louisiana
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 7:12 am    

Great Idea & Craftmanship !

Thanks for sharing Bobby.

Bobby Overfelt

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 8:43 am     Auto chord guitar

Thanks to all of youn at steel guitar forum, for looking at my video ,it is just the way I built it. I had an idea and went with it. I sure in joy playing it. Makes it a lot. Easier to play with my arthritis hand condition. Thanks again guys your the best bob overfelt

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 8:56 am    

Nice work, Bobby! An interesting idea and a quick-start way for guitar players to get into steel guitar.

Bobby Overfelt

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2017 9:29 am     Auto chord guitar

Thanks Doug I,m glad to hear that you approve, by the way I,m one of your fans I have both of your c6th song books thanks again

Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2017 9:15 am     Special guitar

Bobby,that is Such a great idea !! It will keep a lot of us playing after well worn hands have given a true innovative idea that should get produced. Talk to you soon. Az Art
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 26 Nov 2017 9:17 am     Special guitar

Oops. Ment worn hands have given out. Lol like mine are doing. Art
GAS -1969 ZB D11/10,1974 Sho-Bud D10 Professional,1975 Speedy West S10, 150 yr okd Barn Board tele, Beard signature Gold Tone Dean Acoustic/Electric Bass, Tennessee 12 string Bass, 3 String Shovel.2 Fiddles., Sho-Bud amp, Epiphone valve special amp, Fishman loudbox artist amp.

Derrick Unger

Newark Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2017 9:57 am     Good luck

Bob...I started with one of your 6 string steels..got me off and going...this is a great idea...best of luck and I hope it does well for you!!!!!! Rick
Music is good for the soul..playing it is even better! Gretsch6strLapSteel*PeaveyNashville400*HudsonSD-10*DigitechRP360*FenderChampion100*PeaveyKB300*Goodrich120*Behringerx1204*BehringerMini4*Mullen S10"Discovery"*Peavey Vegas400*Princeton112plus*SuperChampX2*SidekickReverb65*Rumble100*MarshallMG50DFX*Nashville112

Bobby Overfelt

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2017 1:55 pm     Auto chord guitar

Hi mr.unger I remember talking a number of times.thank you so much bob overfelt

Bobby Overfelt

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2017 2:45 pm     Auto chord

Bob please bump

Bobby Overfelt

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2017 1:21 pm     Auto chord

Please close

Art Beard

Post  Posted 6 Dec 2017 8:13 pm     Overfelt guitar

Bobby, i put the beautuful Ray Walker 4/5
SD10 pedal steel up for sale on the forum today. Have to have someone set it up for pics now and add to the post. Might be closer to owning one if yours sooner than i thought. If I can keep my lawyer form getting most if it. lol lol Art

Art Beard

Post  Posted 7 Dec 2017 5:51 pm     Overfelt guitar

BOBBY, check out my "STEAL if a Steel"listing. Found nail clippers 4 us folks wih hand problems o. STARCRAFT of California. Also. 2 steels,arrive in excellent shape using -Fedex Fragile ground shipping-not a Mark or crush Mark on box.

Art Beard

Post  Posted 8 Dec 2017 3:21 pm     Overfelt Guitar

BOBBY, Cross your fingers as there is a slim chance of a quick divorce settlement!! If so You'll be building mine.
Can u do in blue like blue on. RICKY DAVIS haywire string package? We will need to talk options. Me to your add n u to mine