The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  4 years ago Kenn Rollans called home
Dan Rollans

Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2017 6:39 pm    

Well it's been 4 years today since my dad ,Kenn Rollans, passed on to heaven. My family and I miss him dearly. But, each of us still move forward each day knowing we will see him again when we are called home. I thank him daily for the knowledge and talents he handed down to me. I promised him I would carry out his wishes with the business he started in 1978. Steelers Choice. He loved the steel guitar family world wide. Thanks Dad.
Dan Rollans

Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2017 4:45 am    

Condolences to you and your family, Dan. I know your Dad would be really proud of you and the way you've carried on the business: your customer service, product quality, and service to the steel guitar community with Steelers Choice is outstanding. God bless and may your Dad rest in peace.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2017 3:26 pm    

Dan, your dad was a great man, always very friendly to Jean and I when we would see him at the steel shows. God bless you and your family. I understand how much you could miss him.

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2017 3:41 pm    

Kenn is missed and appreciated every time I use my excellent steel seat. God bless you Dan for keeping your dad's business alive and well with continued quality and service. Your dad would be proud.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2017 4:19 pm    

Dan, your dad always treated me like he'd known me all my life from the first time we met. A fine man, great craftsman and steel guitar player. I'm proud to have spent some time around him.

I lost both my parents while they were very young in life, so I feel your loss. Peace and comfort to you.

Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2017 7:03 pm    

Dan, I really miss your dad and think of him often. He was a
dear friend and a very fine man. Here's an old photograph that I came across, made 20+ years ago at a steel show somewhere of your dad, Charlie & myself.

Russ Hicks

Pegram, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2017 7:07 pm    

Hey Dan, as long as I'm sitting down behind one of these contraptions I'll be thinking of him; proud to be part of the Steelers Choice family.

Wesley Medlen

LaCygne,Ks
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2017 7:52 pm    

I have a steel seat I bought from your dad very good. Icalled him ordered it got it before he could have got the money. He said he had relatives in this neck of the woods. God Bless Wes

Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2017 3:03 pm    

Hey Dan I miss seeing your Dad at Dallas each year mate, give my regards to your Mum too :-}
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2017 6:10 pm    

Bought one of those seats in 1990 and still have it. Looks like new, still. Always loved talking to him in St Louis. Always treated me like one of the pros knowing I wasn't.

Thanks Dan for sharing!

Charley

Franklin

Post  Posted 15 Nov 2017 9:21 pm    

Dan,
I lean back on you and your father every time I play....I am very proud of my seat and the fact you introduced me to your fathers company....Hope you are well and he is missed by so many!
Paul

Buddie Hrabal

Arlington,Texas USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2017 3:39 am     My second one!!!!

The one your Dad built for me was stolen when somebody broke into my truck. Evans amp and seat were taken. It was still in great working condition and had been with me for ?? years. I am thankful you could build me another. Thanks a $$$.

Sandra Scott-Wall

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2017 8:01 am    

I remember when you and your Dad first came to the ISGC. Over the years we watched your company grow and prosper. You have done well following in his footsteps and we all miss your Dad. All of us from the Scott family wish you the very best.

Bruce W Heffner

Payson, Arizona
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2017 1:40 am     Great man

I remember well all those great seats that went through the steel guitar shop back in Pennsylvania. My favorite Kenny story is when we visited in Little Rock when I was on a business trip back in the late 90's. He took me to a Waffle House and explained to me the difference between 3rd shift and 1st shift waitresses by their dental work or lack of it to be polite.

"We live in Arizona now."

Payson, AZ

Dave Diehl

Mechanicsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2017 7:53 am    

Admired Kenn a lot. He always took time to talk with me and help me with my seats. You had a lot to be proud of in him Dan.

Bruce Meyer

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2017 11:54 am    

He was a craftsman, to say the least. Been using one of the sidecar seats for 15++ years now. Have hauled it all over. It's as good looking and solid as the day I got it. Glad to see you are carrying on the tradition.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 7:43 pm    

Dan your Dad was a special man. Thank you for continuing his legacy.

Lee Johnson

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2017 10:16 am     Great Man Kenn

Dan, your Dad, was a great friend of mine and Billys ,of BJS bars ,Billy has also gone on and we miss him also , Bless you for keeping you and your Dads legacy going on we miss him. hope to see you at Dallas this coming year. God Bless You, Your Friends, at BJS bars,,Lee Johnson Jr,, and Butch Gardner,,,, Smile Smile Smile Smile