The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peluso Microphones VTB - German Bottle Mic (Telefunken, Neum
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2017 6:21 am    

This mom and pop shop makes the finest boutique microphones available in a market flooded with cheap, mass-produced product, I'm culling this mic rom my personal collection so I can buy that Gibson EN150 or 185 I've always wanted.

Here's the scoop: $975 + shipping to the lower 40. I accept PP (if you're sending friends and family); otherwise, I will accept a personal check from any forum member.

For more info and/or pictures, contact me at: emailmarkhelm@gmail.com

VTB Vacuum Tube Bottle Microphone -

Want that classic, vintage German tube mic sound but don't have $5-10 grand to drop on a vintage Telefunken or a Neumann, check it out:

The physical design of this exciting new microphone is inspired by the classic German Bottle Microphones. The VTB uses innovative Peluso circuitry with an extremely low noise floor and classic tube sound. It has a more modern sound with strong and clean low end, smooth detailed mid-range, and lots of high-end air. The VTB is stunning on vocals and brings a beautiful high-end emphasis to other instruments. The VTB features an on mic 15dB pad and low frequency roll off switches.

The Peluso VTB is paired with the Peluso MX-56 power supply. The dual sided capsule in the VTB enables the power supply to feature 9 polar patterns in an array from omni-directional to cardioid to figure eight. The VTB also has an additional switch to disable the pattern control system. This allows the mic to run just a single diaphragm in the capsule, giving it a mode with extremely pure cardioid characteristics.

The VTB comes with a 7-conductor cable with standard 7-pin XLR connector.
Acoustically matched pairs available upon special request.

The microphone comes as a complete system including: VTB Microphone in a Wood Box, Power Supply, 7 Conductor Cable, and Shock Mount all packed in a Flight Case.

We think it beats that flagship Blue Bottle microphone every time. More quality control and higher quality components. Grab it while it lasts at this price!

Technical Data
Capsule Type: Condenser Pressure Gradient w/ 32 mm capsule
Frequency Range: 25 Hz/24 Khz
Polar Pattern: 9 - Switchable from omni- to bi-directional w/ pattern control disable
Sensitivity: > 11 mv/pa
Impedance: 200 ohms
SPL: 150 dB(A) w/ 15 dB pad switch engaged
Equivalent Noise: 15 dB(A)
Tube Type: Glass triode 5784 or 6J1PB
Power Requirements: Dedicated Power Supply, 115V or 230V AC
Size: 50mm x 225 mm
Weight: 620g
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2017 12:28 pm     Ttt

Ttt
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.