The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey 400 LTD 15" speaker replacement
Gordy Rex

Southport, NC
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2017 7:45 am    

Look at the new speaker closely my new PF250 came with a seal on front and back of the speaker for front or rear load installation. I simple removed the seal I didn't need (the rear seal ) and installed it in my Nashville 112. the screws were then long enough... I also took my time and saved the seal.... It's now a spare seal Smile

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2017 10:19 am    

Gary, nothing to apologize for. The thread has strayed away from the original question to the point that we were discussing removal of the speaker instead of how to install a thicker speaker. It is a simple thing to change speakers if the screws are long enough but if they are too short they need to be replaced. All my experiences with the LTD are that the screws are installed from the front of the baffle and the grille fabric has to be removed in order to access the screws. It is not a difficult job. The baffle is a chipboard material and I recently had to replace the baffle in my LTD because it had decomposed apparently due to being wet at some time. The grille cloth had a tear so I replaced it. By the way I think the LTD is a tremendous amp.
Jerry