The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Case for a Rickenbacher Bakelite *Done*
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2017 11:39 pm    

*A fellow forum member is giving me a case (all I have to do is pay shipping). With his permission, I will sing his praises publicly, and make a donation to the forum once the case arrives.*
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Last edited by Mark Helm on 19 Nov 2017 6:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

Loren Tilley

Maui, Hawaii
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2017 1:04 am    

I’ve got one of these: https://www.elderly.com/gold-tone-lap-steel-case-for-6-string-or-8-string-hardshell.htm

It fits, although the case is a bit bigger than necessary.

Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2017 12:23 pm     Hugh Briley

I had Hugh Briley make a case for my B6 and it turned out superb. Fits really well.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2017 7:34 pm     Nice case, Tom!

Well, it seems I now have two Ricks. I just found an NS Model (Grey, Sheet Metal) in wonderful shape for $300, so I couldn't resist. Now I'm gonna need at least one good case.

About how much did that case run you, Tom? And who do I talk to?

Thanks!
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.

Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2017 8:45 pm     Nice case, Tom!

Well, it seems I now have two Ricks. I just found an NS Model (Grey, Sheet Metal) in wonderful shape for $300, so I couldn't resist. Now I'm gonna need at least one good case.

About how much did that case run you, Tom? And who do I talk to?

Thanks!

Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2017 5:18 am    

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=246971&highlight=hugh+briley

Steve Marinak

Man O War Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2017 2:09 pm    

Mark, I have an original Rick "panda" case. It's a spare, I have two cases and one Panda. It's missing a handle but you can put a handle on it. Let me know if you want it. It's the form fitting one, not a rectangle. Pre War I believe. I got it with my Frypan which doesn't fit in there so well.

Steve

Steve Marinak

Man O War Cay, Abaco, Bahamas
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2017 2:10 pm    

Mark, I have an original Rick "panda" case. It's a spare, I have two cases and one Panda. It's missing a handle but you can put a handle on it. Let me know if you want it. It's the form fitting one, not a rectangle. Pre War I believe. I got it with my Frypan which doesn't fit in there so well.

Steve

Sang Shin

New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2017 8:56 pm    

I found a baritone ukelele case that fits fairly well.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Musicians-Gear/Baritone-Ukulele-Case.gc#productDetail

inside the case, the neck support structure is too high for the neck of the rick. however, if you remove the screws that hold the support in place, you can take it out and re-arrange the pieces so that the neck height is spot on, and the side to side support for the neck is perfect. screw the pieces in place with the original screws.

the case is maybe 2 inches too long in the space for the body of the guitar - I roll up a cloth and tuck it next to the tailpiece.

good luck,

sang

ps., my first post, so apologies in advance if done incorrectly . . .