The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tyler Hall
Gary Lloyd

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2017 11:07 am    

JUST SEEN DARYLE SINGLETARY SHOW IN ELKVIEW WV
LAST NIGHT WITH TYLER HALL ON STEEL.
[WHAT A SHOW] WITH STEEL FIDDLE AND TELECASTER.
GREAT COUNTRY BAND. GREAT JOB TYLER.
IF THIS SHOW COMES YOUR WAY DONT MISS javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')IT.javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')

Ronald Sikes

Corsicana, Tx
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2017 3:02 pm    

Tyler's a great picker and a good guy on top of that. I just heard on Sirius , "Willies Roadhouse , they are at the Opry tonight.
Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats

Roger Russell

Jane Lew ,Wv
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2017 10:43 am     singletary

wow don't know how I missed that one only a few miles away !! need a schedule er sumpin lol

Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2017 12:43 pm     T Hall

T Hall is truly a great player and just keeps getting better all the time.

T Bethel
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...

Randy Schneider

SW New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2017 6:21 am    

My wife and I were fortunate enough to see the show (and to meet Tyler) in Cedar Park (TX) last night. Those in the Austin area that either didn't know about the show or decided to stay home missed out on a great performance of country music.

I know of Daryle and Tyler, of course, but if anyone knows the names of the other musicians - bass, drums, lead guitar and fiddle - please add them as I hate to overlook these guys. They were superb...

Andy Vance

Graham, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2017 8:36 am    

The bass player is Phil Frye, lead guitar is Ricky Land. I can't tell from the pic if the fiddle player is Andy Varner or not but he was playing for Daryle at one time. Not sure who the drummer is but I am certain it was a great show and the band was great. Daryle is the real deal imo.

Andy

Larry Robbins

Fort Edward, New York
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2017 1:19 pm    

We met Tyler on the Steel Guitar Cruise last year.
A fine player and a very nice young man. We became instant fans! Smile

Randy Schneider

SW New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2017 1:36 pm    

Andy Vance wrote:
The bass player is Phil Frye, lead guitar is Ricky Land. I can't tell from the pic if the fiddle player is Andy Varner or not but he was playing for Daryle at one time. Not sure who the drummer is but I am certain it was a great show and the band was great. Daryle is the real deal imo.
Andy

Thank you Andy -- and I think you're right about the fiddle player being Andy Varner. As far as the drummer, I think Daryle introduced him as Elmer Fudd. But I was pretty sure that wasn't right... Wink

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2017 7:12 pm    

I didn't know about the show, or I would have tried to attend; Tyler is an old buddy of mine.

As it is, I was in bed by 10pm because I had to get up at 5 this morning for a fishing trip. We did okay, I got 6 and Lance boated 4. All LMB's in the 2-3.5 range.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2017 9:22 pm    

Tyler is a great player with all of the knowledge and reverence for the greats. He is on his way and is our future. Tyler is a kind spirit, full of honesty and humbleness. He has my complete support!😊You go boy!

Last edited by Tommy White on 26 Sep 2017 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Randy Schneider

SW New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2017 4:50 am    

Herb,

Another steeler from the area (Jerry, from Georgetown? It was so noisy I didn't catch his last name...) was talking with Tyler when I went up to introduce myself, and Tyler did ask about you. We told him you lived in the area, west of town, and he did say he should have given you a call.

I've lived in Cedar Park for many years, and didn't even know about the venue (even though we drive past it all the time), let alone the show -- it was a complete accident that I stumbled on it during an unrelated internet search the week before. When I checked Daryle's web site, it wasn't listed there either, for some reason. An act of that caliber certainly deserved a better crowd than they got -- they were very, very good.

And the show was late (for us, anyway!) -- didn't start until after 10:30. And on a 'school' night! Like my wife said, she didn't even know 10:30 pm existed -- she doesn't see it very often! She talked about the show on her site here:

http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/home/late-nights-and-changing-times/

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2017 1:32 pm    

Tyler on an Emmons????

Tyler Hall

Mt. Juliet, TN
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2017 2:20 pm    

Wow. I'm blown away at this. I've been rather busy lately and somehow missed this post. Thank you all so much! You're all way too kind. Herb, I somehow got it in my head that you'd moved from Austin. I was gonna call you but I thought you'd moved somewhere else. I wish I'd known. Randy, it was very nice to meet you. Sorry I didn't get to catch you afterwards.

Larry, that is indeed me behind an Emmons. Looks funny after 10 years behind nothing but a Mullen, doesn't it? I'm still very much a Mullen player, in fact I even have a prototype at the house that Mike has sent to check out. The Emmons is a 1968 cut-tail I just got a week or two ago. I couldn't resist taking it out for the weekend. It sounds fantastic but I gotta say, the more I play it, the more I like my G2's.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2017 4:12 pm    

Tyler
I live in Briarcliff, which is up on Lake Travis about 30 miles NW of Austin. Think Willie Nelson's studio and golf course. Cedar Park is a 45 min. drive (sometimes more depending on the sh!tty Austin-metro-area traffic). Easily do-able. You prob'ly won't be back here for awhile, and I might be in N'ville before you're back here, but I'll PM you my phone/address and we can hook up somewhere/somehow.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Brett Lanier

Madison, TN
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2017 4:34 pm    

Someone recently played me a voice memo recording of Tyler playing in a club and it was just over the top, perfect playing. Well done sir!

Also, hats off to the creators of that tiny iPhone mic

Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2017 4:59 pm     Emmons pp?

Tyler, if that pp gets in your way I will be more than glad to store it at my place free of charge....thanks jack

Billy Knowles

Kenansville, N. C. 28349 usa
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2017 7:45 am     Tyler

Saw Tyler play in Nashville Monday, great player and great person, very easy to talk to.
Saw Tommy White play Sat, a wonderful person and no better player on this planet than Tommy White.

STEEL GUITAR EAST

Emmons authorized dealer and approved service technician

my web site: http://www.steelguitareast.com

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2017 4:09 pm    

I met Tyler in 2016 at SGN when he overhauled my Legrande after my Summer gig. I was very impressed with with him - I just wish he lived nearer me!

Daryle, in my opinion,is one of country music's most accomplished singers. I once opened fir him in FL and was stunned by his vocal prowess. Check out the new album with Rhonda Vincent!

Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2017 4:11 pm    

Agreed, Billy - Tommy is the surrogate Buddy but with lots of his own stuff! There's no better player today.

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2017 7:21 pm    

Thank you so much Roger! I don’t remember ever being paid such a high compliment.
I am still a student of all the players we love. 😊
Edited for length.

Last edited by Tommy White on 7 Oct 2017 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2017 3:52 am    

I cannot help but chime in here.

I have known Tyler since his hair was SOLID black. I met him through Terry Bethel and have followed his music ever since. He is truly one of the greats and a super guy on top of that.

But then there is Tommy White. I have also known Tommy what seems like forever. I feel that Tommy has accomplished more on the steel guitar than any player in history (and that is saying a bunch with the likes of all the great players of the past and present).
Tommy just has this touch that no one has even come close to, IMHO.
And besides Tommy is one of the most humble musicians I have ever met.

I am proud to call both of these boys my good friends.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2017 4:52 am    

What my friend Bill said above, verbatim. Smile

Tyler Hall

Mt. Juliet, TN
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2017 1:28 pm    

Hey now!!! My hair is still mostly black. Haha. You guys are way too kind. It's nice to hear such compliments. I just try to play what I hear in my mind. It's nice to know someone else enjoys my sporadic musical thoughts.

Now, Tommy White on the other hand is an absolute freak of nature. His touch, tone, and taste are just out of this world. I always said I'd play like Tommy if I had the chops to do it. He's the best and he's such a great guy. I can't say enough about how helpful he's been to me and how much I value our conversations.

Tim Bridges

Hoover, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 10:39 am    

Tyler, you were exceptional on the PSG years ago! I remember playing in my music room with Brother Bill Simmons! Cherish those moments and miss him dearly! Glad you're doing well & I know you think of Bill often, as well!

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 8:32 pm    

I heard and met Tyler today in Adkins, TX. All of what has been said here is so true. He blew me away with his playing, and we had a great visit. Killer sound on that '68 push-pull! Smile

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com