The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Clinesmith S8/Zumsteel Stage One
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2017 3:51 pm    

Dont know if this should be in the pedal or non/pedal section of the forum ! I was inspired by someone on the forum that showed a picture of their pedal and non-pedal combo. So,,,,using the pad from Don Blood, I lowered it to accommodate my Clinesmith S8 from Todd, of course, then used the A/B switch from Jerry Overstreet, and came up with combo as shown. I havent used it out anywhere yet, but I think it will be perfect for those jams where I want the pedal sound sometimes but I want to have the non-pedal sound as well (tuned to A6th). So I dont NEED to buy a D10 now. The neat thing about it is that most of this is from forum members and sharing their talents and workmanship. What should I call this...my Zumsmith or my Clinezum ?? You guys know that I am a wing-nut as Fred Justice likes to call me Smile

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2017 4:38 pm    

Fine concept. Great looking rig Larry. I'm quite sure you'll add much to the gigs and performances of your group[s].

Thank you for including me in your project and mentioning my product. I'm proud and thrilled to have helped you realize your objective.

Wishin' you many happy hours playing music and the steel guitar.

G Strout

Carabelle, Florida
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2017 5:08 pm    

Nice!! Practical and functional. Good work. I guess I should contact Don Blood ....I need a pad just like that for my Marlen S-10. I often go between a standard E9 and A6.... The "non" pedal sound is getting much more popular on many of the gigs that I do.

Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 20 Dec 2017 6:19 pm     I've been doing the same thing

Hi Larry,
I've been doing the same thing since I got my Clinesmith in July, but I just saw this post of yours today.
Also have my Clinesmith tuned to A6th and it sits real nice and firm on the armrest pad. My pad being higher than other people might like keeps the lap steel from touching the strings on the E9th neck.

Since my Mullen G2 SD-10 is also all polished aluminum they look really great together.
Can't play the E neck when the lap steel is up there, but easy to put it aside when not in use.
Best wishes,
Andy

Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.