The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jazz guitar legend, Jimmy Bruno, hospitalized - serious
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2017 5:28 pm    

Jimmy recently had a bad fall at home and suffered significant intracranial bleeding and a seizure. For the past week, he has been in the hospital, under sedation, on a ventilator, and unresponsive. They have not yet been able to wean him off the ventilator, though they try daily. It's a very precarious and sad situation.

A collection is being taken at the following link, to help defray medical costs and help support Jimmy and his family through this terrible ordeal.

https://www.gofundme.com/support-for-jimmy-bruno

Please give if you can. I know that any amount, however small, will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Andy Volk

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2017 4:24 am    

A bad time for iconic jazz guitarists!

I knew Jimmy was in the hospital; but didn't realize how bad the situation is.

I also learned yesterday that back in May, jazz guitarist Frank Vignola was injured in a terrible ATV accident where he was thrown into a tree and sustained many injuries. Thankfully, wearing a helmet. He was airlifted to the hospital and is doing well now but will not be able to tour for perhaps a year. He can still play - he did a clinic for TrueFire last month so I don't know the details of his injuries.

Musician Marcy Marxer created a GoFundMe page to help out Frank and his family finacialy while he recovers that went live yesterday:

Frank Vignola, We've Got Your Back!
https://www.gofundme.com/frankvignola

Mark Carlisle

Springville CA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2017 11:10 am    

Thanks, Jim for posting. It's also posted over on the Jazz Guitar forum under The Players. I donated $100 and wish I could do more. There was a update posted that Jimmy was doing a little better..
Comments have been made in last few months that he was looking frail on recent videos.
All in all a sad situation for one of the most gifted Jazz guitarists out there, a excellent teacher and valuable mentor. Best wishes and prayers to Jimmy and his family.