The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  NEW!! Hudsonator Console Dobro Special Edition
Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2017 3:18 pm    

This is the New Hudsonator Special Edition console resonator guitar.
It comes with Aluminum Key Head and neck as well as an Aluminum tone ring and a Maple Soundwell with the hudson designed Metal bottom full cover.
Comes with Hudson Pickup system that sounds just as well through a amp as it does straight out of the top of the guitar.
Has the Lite Adjustable legs made by Glen Porter.
This one in photo was custom built for a customer and soon will ship to him.
You can order these custom to your needs and colors.
The base Model is $2495.00
Please Let me know when you order that you got the information from the Steel Guitar forum so I can be sure to take care of Bob a donation.
Thanks for looking. Jimmie Hudson 704-986-6481 8AM-9PM EST or visit hudsonsteelguitars.com

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2017 7:00 am     hudson resonator

Hello well guys I thought the last resonator console Jimmie built for me was as good as it could get. well I was wrong I put in a order for one more of these several months ago and he told me he had been working on and developing a newer sound chamber and pickup.well he did and guys this new sound chamber and pickup is great-fantastic- its got sustain volume etc without a amp.then with a amp it sound like a resonator to the T. don't get me wrong the last one he built for me does to. but this newer sound chamber he just developed is a lot louder more sustain. its just cant get any better then this if you guys are looking for a different aproch to a resonator with a stand etc you need to look into one of these this is great Jimmie thanks I don't know how it can get any better then this. better look in to it guys I don't think you will be disappointed. thanks jimmie

Clyde Mattocks

Kinston, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2017 5:34 pm    

I have never met Jimmie face to face. I would like to. I believe he is an innovator in the league of Paul Bigsby. He is constantly following his own lights in developing interesting products. He is not simply reinventing the wheel.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2017 5:49 pm     Thanks

Clyde Mattocks wrote:
I have never met Jimmie face to face. I would like to. I believe he is an innovator in the league of Paul Bigsby. He is constantly following his own lights in developing interesting products. He is not simply reinventing the wheel.
I thank you for your comments. A face to face conversation with you would be great.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2017 5:02 pm    

Does this instrument have a spider bridge and spun cone ala traditional resonator guitar? If so, which ones? Beard, Quarterman etc.

Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2017 5:14 pm     hudsonnator

Jerry this has the beard cone with the #14 spider it has all the top of the line resonator guts in it sounds fantastic

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2017 5:58 pm     cone

Jerry Overstreet wrote:
Does this instrument have a spider bridge and spun cone ala traditional resonator guitar? If so, which ones? Beard, Quarterman etc.
Hi Jerry, The guitar has a Beard Legend cone and #14 spider. That is not all it takes to get the sound out of this guitar. I have worked 5 years total developing the sound chamber and inside guts of the guitar to get the guitar to where it is today.
I believe it is as good as any resonator guitar on the market today in sound quality and tone as well as natural volume out of the guitar. The pickup has been a true adventure in finding the exact combination of parts to get the true resonator sound transferred to the amp. The nut and bridge is my own special design all made here in my shop.That also helps bring this instrument into the rim of excellence today's players expect and require. I have gone through many ways of anchoring parts in various ways to find tone and volume. I have experimented with different types of screws and metals as well over the last 5 years to find the best of everything that can be done to make this the best available console resonator guitar on the market today. Thanks for taking your time to read this. Jimmie Hudson hudsonsteelguitars.com

Gary Rue

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2017 11:18 pm     love it.

Way Cool Jimmie.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2017 8:04 am     Re: love it.

Gary Rue wrote:
Way Cool Jimmie.
Thanks Gary

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2017 8:24 am    

Yes, thanks for the explanation concerning the build and components Jimmie. Looks great.

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2017 8:47 am     thanks

Jerry Overstreet wrote:
Yes, thanks for the explanation concerning the build and components Jimmie. Looks great.
Thanks Jerry