The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Please close
Susan Alcorn

Baltimore, MD, USA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2017 9:01 am    

Please close

"So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray."
- Mary Oliver

Last edited by Susan Alcorn on 30 Nov 2020 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brett Lanier

Madison, TN
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2017 11:13 am    

Very cool! Really enjoyed your recent podcast interview, Susan.

Susan Alcorn

Baltimore, MD, USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2017 11:34 am    

Thanks, Brett.

"So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray."
- Mary Oliver

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2017 9:35 am    

I live in the Eagle Rock section of L.A. The house concert here will take place 2 blocks from the store where I buy my groceries. Smile

Not only will I be there, I've told several others about the concert, and hopefully some of the others will also attend.

Susan Alcorn

Baltimore, MD, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2017 2:43 pm    

I'm finally back home after my tour of California and Halifax, Nova Scotia. It was a wonderful experience - my first time playing in either the Garden State or Halifax. The musicians I played with were incredible, and the people, without exception (obviously, a limited amount of people) warm, musically open, and hospitable.

A special thanks and deep appreciation to Tim Marcus for the use of his 85 watt all tube 15" speaker Milkman Pedal Steel amp for my gig in San Francisco at The Lab. I'd never played through a Milkman before, and, of course, not only did it have all the headroom I could have wanted, the sound was clear, warm, and distinct on all the strings and from the lowest to the highest - there's nothing better than sitting in front of an amp like that.

Also, special thanks and deep gratitude to John Mitgard for letting me use his amp for the rest of the tour - we had never met, and perhaps for all he knew, I could have just made off with the amp and sold it in Mexico or something. John's setup was a Peavy tube power amp, a closed back 15" speaker (perhaps an Eminence?) and, the icing on the cake, an FYD preamp with a "Tweed" switch that I had on most of the time. That amp rocked. When I played the low notes, I felt like I was sitting on a stage in front of the bass violin section in the middle of a Shostakovich symphony. It had a really beautiful sound.

In California, it was nice to see some old friends and meet new ones, especially steel guitar players, among then John Mitgard, David Phillips, and Mike Perlowin. I hope that I see you all again someday.

Thanks to everyone!

- Mary Oliver

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 14 May 2017 4:59 pm    

Susan, your concert was a real treat. I hope you return to L.A. and give another one out here soon.